Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 30-04-19, 06:49   #31
JoelCaesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Finishing Konstantine with an arrow to the throat afterwards was definitely epic
Finishing Konstantine by throwing a can at him afterwards was definitely epic.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 06:52   #32
Athukraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
Finishing Konstantine by throwing a can at him afterwards was definitely epic.
This is the canon death.
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 09:01   #33
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I mean, did you guess she was Konstantin's sister and part of Trinity as well from the beginning?
I remember everyone on here calling this before release tbh, so that's a yes.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 09:48   #34
killchan

killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 13:58   #35
Avalon SARL

Crystal Dynamics are so much taken by the First Tomb Raider Movie. All games they did from Legend and onwards are heavily inspired by it; they made me dislike that movie because of them.

And they keep on recycling that story on and on and on.

I doubt the next game or movie won't have any flashbacks about him
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-19, 11:59   #36
Blackmoor

^Yeah, I feel Crystal got stuck there from the start - following that first film and putting Lara on a path that always involves her father.

This is why I think it'd be better to go to EM. Story wise they had to stick to the formula in Shadow, but within that I could detect a better style of writing. Perhaps I was imagining it, but I don't think so, and I think for that reason alone they should head up on story next game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
I hate it. It embodies everything wrong with Rise’s story and why it’s an infuriating sequel - it ultimately isn’t about Lara. Any interesting themes they could’ve explored with Richard’s suicide and how they affect her (are the “seekers of truth” mentioned in the opening, like Lara and Richard, doomed to be ridiculed and targeted, crushed beneath what they know?) are thrown out of the window in favour of a cheap twist which barely feels genuine (I still don’t completely buy it was Konstantin who did it, it just feels way too convenient that he has that power over her when she takes his away).

There’s also the glaring issue of, as I’ve repeated before, Richard’s assassination making no sense. On top of that, we spend an entire game trying to validate him and get to grips with his death, only for this twist and post-credits scene to make it impossible for Lara to glean any closure from the experience - now we’ve got to find out whodunnit and give them what for! So, really, what gets resolved? We spend all this time on Richard, and for what?

I mean, say what you want about how Shadow handled things, but at least that story was about Lara.
What I don't like about it is that Lara doesn't discover it, she is told it by the baddie. Why? It's a cheap shock like a thousand films that are cheaply written that do the same thing. Good writing doesn't have the baddie blurt out these things like a taunt from an idiot.

But yes, what you say makes sense to me. Although I suppose it could be part of the problem could be that it was the middle section of a trilogy series......
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 11:52   #37
Raider8

That last scene was just meh... What i found interesting was lara being able to perform finishing move on konstantine with any weapon even if the expert skill isn't unlocked lol.
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-19, 16:02   #38
michaeldt

I find it sad that since the first TR film (for as much as I love it), the whole aspect of Lara's father is so interwoven with TR now that even Fanfic and fan short films usually have that aspect to their stories :/.
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-19, 17:52   #39
VictorXD

Right?? :/

It takes so much away from the character for an old, overused and cliche plot. Richard is always this great world renowned archaeologist who was assassinated and that always seems to solve all of Lara's mysteries and adventures for her. Lara feels like little more than a henchman at this point.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 08:49   #40
ActuallyArlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
Crystal Dynamics are so much taken by the First Tomb Raider Movie. All games they did from Legend and onwards are heavily inspired by it; they made me dislike that movie because of them.

And they keep on recycling that story on and on and on.

I doubt the next game or movie won't have any flashbacks about him
I've always noticed that.
ActuallyArlow is offline   Reply With Quote