Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 25-10-18, 00:42   #1
Legends

Default General Chat

The beginning of the future is here!

Let's get back to Tomb Raider!

Last edited by Legends; 25-10-18 at 00:44.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 01:00   #2
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post

Let's get back to Tomb Raider...
....with reboot Lara in the reboot universe!
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 01:02   #3
iWANEX
Golden

I can’t wait to see how they’ll keep evolving the reboot era. So many things they can explore and bring to the table. Hopefully things we have never seen in previous installments. I want the next game to be as fresh as possible in terms of gameplay, but following the formula they successfully established with the origin trilogy.

It’s exciting to think about what Lara will do next now that her parental drama is out of the picture and she wants to raid tombs for fun.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 01:23   #4
JoelCaesar

Ahhh Legends your life will be preserved in history now on TRF as you have made a general chat!
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 01:27   #5
charmedangelin

Quote:

Indeed it is, I miss Tomb Raider and hope it returns. Especially with a more classic Lara. It can be set in the reboot universe if they want it to, but Lara needs to be classic in her looks and her personality.

We may also get another Lara Croft game so if nothing else there is that to perhaps get excited about. The Lara Croft series has been phenomenal so far.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 01:42   #6
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Indeed it is, I miss Tomb Raider and hope it returns. Especially with a more classic Lara. It can be set in the reboot universe if they want it to, but Lara needs to be classic in her looks and her personality.

We may also get another Lara Croft game so if nothing else there is that to perhaps get excited about. The Lara Croft series has been phenomenal so far.
Yeah, me too. Classic Lara needs to return with the dual guns, her sassy personality and her signature look. Ditch the reboot universe too. There's no need for it. I'd rather take a fantasy universe with dinosaurs and dragons over the fake realness of the reboot. It's the perfect time for it now.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 01:48   #7
trfan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
I can’t wait to see how they’ll keep evolving the reboot era. So many things they can explore and bring to the table. Hopefully things we have never seen in previous installments. I want the next game to be as fresh as possible in terms of gameplay, but following the formula they successfully established with the origin trilogy.

It’s exciting to think about what Lara will do next now that her parental drama is out of the picture and she wants to raid tombs for fun.
Same here. I don't mind if they keep Reboot Lara and move up in the timeline. They can focus on a more mature Lara that closely resembles Classic Lara. This would also be a good time to change some of the gameplay mechanics too. Bring back some more of the Classic elements like acrobatics, globetrotting, and supernatural enemies.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 01:56   #8
larafan25

Crystak (or whoever is now in charge) needs to #come out and just give us something different. Period! But I don
t think iyt's Crystal... probably another studio.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-18, 19:48   #9
annacroft

I'm totally expecting a giant hiatus after the release of all the DLC's, and for a different studio (probably Crystal themselves) to take the next game on. I honestly feel like the next game will be a launch title for the PS5/XB2 and soon after they will release a trilogy remaster for TR2013/ROTTR/SOTTR for next gen consoles and definitive edition for PC too of course. My dream would be for Lara to go to Paris or somewhere with backstreets where she is trying to solve something (okay, pretty much like AOD) but she finds tombs hidden there or something. I feel like the next game we will see a more classic Lara.
annacroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-18, 19:58   #10
Portugalraider

Quote:

Tomb Raider came back in 2015 with RotTR.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote