www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old Yesterday, 19:18   #13761
Titak

^
Possible.
But if what I'm thinking is correct, the whole setup would become much more complicated with it. Forcing the animations and such, while if the dial can simply rotate it won't require as much conditions and whatnot.
Old Yesterday, 21:30   #13762
Joey79100
Professor

^
Since StateID Changes can be used also for animating objects, they can be used to keep the setup rather simple.

Let's say you decide you'll use StateID 0 for "not moving", 1 for "rotate clockwise" and 2 for "rotate counter clockwise".
Prepare 4 still animations for the 4 directions, and add to each one 2 StateID Changes to connect to the correct animation when StateIDs 1 or 2 are called by the script.
For example, in the animation with the arrow pointing upwards, then you'll have one StateID Change for StateID 1 (rotate clockwise) that will lead to the animation where it points to the right, and one for StateID 2 that will lead to the animation where it points to left.
This way, in the script you only have to call the Set Next StateID 1 action trigger when you want to rotate clockwise (and the other for counterclockwise), you won't have to care about the current animation or what it should lead to since the animations themselves wi handle it alone.
And nothing prevents from adding transition animations instead of snapping directly to another animation.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:49   #13763
Titak

Lightbulb

That could work.

On a different note:
I just learned something new this evening. By mistake...
You know how you can enter an animation number into a puzzle-hole and Lara will perform that animation instead of her default "insert puzzle" animation, right?
So for the Poseidon statue you should enter -423.
But I had forgotten about the - and simply entered 423.
Turns out she then first performs her default "insert puzzle" animation and afterwards she performs the Poseidon statue animation!
As if the Next Anim of the default animation was set to 423.

And all this time I've been altering animations whenever I wanted Lara to perform a custom animation after inserting a puzzle.

Drawback is that the puzzle-done appears during the default "insert puzzle" animation (which makes sense ofcourse), so that might get in the way of something.
Old Yesterday, 22:04   #13764
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverRaider View Post
You can still create rotation animation for that object and move it into animating_X slot, takes one minute... or?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
^
Possible.
But if what I'm thinking is correct, the whole setup would become much more complicated with it. Forcing the animations and such, while if the dial can simply rotate it won't require as much conditions and whatnot.
Exactly. It uses unecessarily too many triggergroups and globaltriggers just to check what animation it is playing AND foce the animation. Multiply this by 3 because I am using 3 arrows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Since StateID Changes can be used also for animating objects, they can be used to keep the setup rather simple.

Let's say you decide you'll use StateID 0 for "not moving", 1 for "rotate clockwise" and 2 for "rotate counter clockwise".
Prepare 4 still animations for the 4 directions, and add to each one 2 StateID Changes to connect to the correct animation when StateIDs 1 or 2 are called by the script.
For example, in the animation with the arrow pointing upwards, then you'll have one StateID Change for StateID 1 (rotate clockwise) that will lead to the animation where it points to the right, and one for StateID 2 that will lead to the animation where it points to left.
This way, in the script you only have to call the Set Next StateID 1 action trigger when you want to rotate clockwise (and the other for counterclockwise), you won't have to care about the current animation or what it should lead to since the animations themselves wi handle it alone.
And nothing prevents from adding transition animations instead of snapping directly to another animation.
Oh my god And with just one trigger, I am able to move the arrows without anything else.. Thank you so much!! lidfuhsgsgsd
SrDanielPonces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:47   #13765
TR-Freak
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
That could work.

On a different note:
I just learned something new this evening. By mistake...
You know how you can enter an animation number into a puzzle-hole and Lara will perform that animation instead of her default "insert puzzle" animation, right?
So for the Poseidon statue you should enter -423.
But I had forgotten about the - and simply entered 423.
Turns out she then first performs her default "insert puzzle" animation and afterwards she performs the Poseidon statue animation!
As if the Next Anim of the default animation was set to 423.

And all this time I've been altering animations whenever I wanted Lara to perform a custom animation after inserting a puzzle.

Drawback is that the puzzle-done appears during the default "insert puzzle" animation (which makes sense ofcourse), so that might get in the way of something.
when does the "Puzzle Done" appear when you set a negative number?
Old Today, 09:19   #13766
Titak

In the case of the Poseidon statue it appears at the correct frame (when she puts the trident on the staff), but if you use it on any other of the non-special puzzle holes, (so other than poseidon and... can't remember) it will appear on the first frame.
Which is a drawback of that trick.

If I use a negative number on whatever puzzle-hole I always have a puzzle-done that looks exactly the same as the puzzle-hole.
And now with TRNG I then use an Organizer to move the puzzle-done out of sight the moment a "puzzle-done" in some moveable slot will move into sight.