Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 23-05-19, 20:39   #6291
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
Did I ever "just tease"? Think by now I should have a reputation that I'm not just teasing.

I've got ghostblade's email addy. But as zebra said do email me and I'll get back to you all in August or so once trdas production calms down.
Ok I will send an email as soon as possible.

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 07:39   #6292
Piega

Any news on this? I'm curious. This looks very hot but no one seems to remember
Piega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 08:16   #6293
Heartache

i completely forgot aswell

Last edited by Heartache; 14-08-19 at 09:22.
Heartache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 13:05   #6294
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piega View Post
Any news on this? I'm curious. This looks very hot but no one seems to remember
Ash said he might be able to start looking into things in August. My guess is that there'll be quite a bit of programming work needed to get what he has into a state where it's easily playable by your average joe Tomb Raider fan. And that work, at the earliest, has only just started now. So yeah, I wouldn't expect news any time soon.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 14:24   #6295
ggctuk

I'm curious as to how much of the environment work was finished before it was cancelled. The leaked trailer showed off unfinished areas (such as the Sanctuary of the Scion having the TR1 sphinx) but later screenshots showed more progress (the afrementioned sphinx having been replaced by a jackal sphinx). I'm guessing the enemy AI wasn't finished (no sign of any work on the Atlantean enemies, for instance).
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 14:39   #6296
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
I'm curious as to how much of the environment work was finished before it was cancelled. The leaked trailer showed off unfinished areas (such as the Sanctuary of the Scion having the TR1 sphinx) but later screenshots showed more progress (the afrementioned sphinx having been replaced by a jackal sphinx). I'm guessing the enemy AI wasn't finished (no sign of any work on the Atlantean enemies, for instance).
IIRC, all environments were basically done (bar minor things here and there, maybe) except for Croft Manor and the last level (the bonus ending level that wasn't in TR1). I believe enemies were only implemented in Peru (though their AI presumably wasn't finished, either) and no enemies beyond Greece were modelled and/or animated. I don't know how far along the puzzles and traps were or how many of the cutscenes were "done" (I say "done" because no VO was ever recorded so they would be without sound in any case). The save system wasn't decided on or implemented yet from what I've read, not sure about the secrets system (I don't even know if it would've been the same as in TR1 or different). Obviously, there was no music yet (not sure if the placeholder SFX we hear in the trailers were actually implemented in the game or just added in the trailers via video editing software). AFAIK, we also don't know whether any of the characters besides Lara and Larson had been modelled.
Old 14-08-19, 15:02   #6297
Boobandie

Pierre, Melissa, and Indiana Jones (from when they pitched a reworked Nazi-Natla's Mines to LucasArts) were modelled.

The Centaur mutant had been modelled and coloured with placeholder shading as well. So the game seems to have been canned when the team were polishing up Greece.

Last edited by Boobandie; 14-08-19 at 15:09.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 15:12   #6298
Zebra

Oh, didn't know about Pierre (or forgot about him?). I didn't include Melissa cause she's not part of the story but true, she was finished, too.
Old 14-08-19, 15:20   #6299
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
IIRC, all environments were basically done (bar minor things here and there, maybe) except for Croft Manor and the last level (the bonus ending level that wasn't in TR1). I believe enemies were only implemented in Peru (though their AI presumably wasn't finished, either) and no enemies beyond Greece were modelled and/or animated. I don't know how far along the puzzles and traps were or how many of the cutscenes were "done" (I say "done" because no VO was ever recorded so they would be without sound in any case). The save system wasn't decided on or implemented yet from what I've read, not sure about the secrets system (I don't even know if it would've been the same as in TR1 or different). Obviously, there was no music yet (not sure if the placeholder SFX we hear in the trailers were actually implemented in the game or just added in the trailers via video editing software). AFAIK, we also don't know whether any of the characters besides Lara and Larson had been modelled.
There's some document on Ash website that says the secret system was reworked A LOT, and seemed very huge. Very different from the original one, but can't remember exactly...

It would be great to have a playable version of what have been done ! Even if it's a walk in the park without traps or ennemies.
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 15:57   #6300
Gh0stBlade

I'm awaiting for an email response and have been told it may be sometime September. I know Ash previously stated August in this thread but they're really busy working on TRDAS at this point in time.

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote