Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 14-06-19, 20:25   #38731
Ellioft

I just finished to see Inferno with Tom Hanks and it was good as usual even if I think Ron Howard realisation was a little lazy this time. But this is the spirit I want for the sequel of Tomb Raider Movie.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 14:29   #38732
Matie

Us
I love artistic movies that get me thinking a lot afterwards. This one was done right, I really liked it.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 19:41   #38733
robm_2007

Barry, Season 2
It gets sooooo dark, but there are such hilarious moments. Better than the first season. Hader is sensational, I'm disappointed NoHo Hank didn't have more screentime but he continues to be a great derp, Stephen Root is fantastic, and Winkler continues to be good, but I think he's better in the first season. That feral child girl ep is the best in the show. She's straight from some horror movie, but it's very funny in a freaky way.

Chernobyl, Episode 1
It's good! But my word, those accents are so distracting. But I get the reasoning. They are telling a story written, produced, directed by Brits, so the need to make it more authentically Russian isn't their priority, just like if Russia made a show about some non-Russian storyline, it'd likely still be in Russian.

Last edited by robm_2007; 06-07-19 at 04:56.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 20:10   #38734
Nemo_91

Barry's season 2 is incredible. I agree that it's better than season 1 (which was already really good). I thought Sarah Goldberg (Sally) was also excellent this season, that monologue in episode 7 was fantastic.

I'm rewatching Parks and Recreation, currently on season 2.
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-19, 22:07   #38735
Fantasy

Currently at the beginning of Battlestar Galactica Season 4.

I forgot just how incredible this show truly is. I’ll be sad when it’s over.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-19, 04:50   #38736
laracroftswest

I've been watching a ton of Survivor as of recent. I feel like it's one of the few really compelling reality shows still out there that manages to keep things fresh.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-19, 22:38   #38737
Rai

Murder Mystery, Jennifer Anniston and Adam Sandler. It was fun and entertaining, so mission accomplished .
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-19, 22:58   #38738
Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
Currently at the beginning of Battlestar Galactica Season 4.

I forgot just how incredible this show truly is. I’ll be sad when it’s over.
I’m lying, I’ve been stuck on the same episode for about three days now. The first 1/3 of the season is soooo slow.

Also I watched Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Spider-Man Homecoming and X-Men on my new 4K Blu Ray player. The step up in picture and sound quality is incredible. The upscale on standard Blu Ray is pretty significant, too.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 05:11   #38739
robm_2007

Dancing Queen, the first few episodes

I like it! Alyssa Edwards should be in everything; on everything. Even on money. EVERY CURRENCY, EVERY NOTE, EVERY COIN...EVERYWHERE
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 17:24   #38740
KManX89

I saw the new Child's Play on Friday. It was okay(ish), it had some interesting and new ideas and brought a few laughs and Aubrey Plaza is nice to look at, but some of the character scenes were dull. Some of the character choices in this movie are headscratchingly dumb.

Also, I must warn you in advance: this movie is quite graphic and gory. It's not your usual Chucky stabbing people like before, they take the violence to a whole new level in this one. Some of the death scenes are just flat out NASTY! Not quite as bad as Saw (3-onwards, anyway), but definitely not for the squeamish.

I also watched the original Carrie on Netflix the other day. It's insane how much the 2013 remake copies the original, it's almost shot for shot, except for the rightfully more gritty prom scene. I know they were limited due to SFX/budget constraints for its time, but there's no way anyone should've made it out of the school alive, all things considered. That's one thing the remake got right, even if virtually everything else is a copy of the original.

Last edited by KManX89; 25-06-19 at 17:25.
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote