www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 23-07-21, 16:41   #41
Guy N. Cognito
Hobbyist

Since this a PSX port, this will include exclusive effects (reverb, footprints, save crystals for American and European version, heal crystals and infinite saves in Japanese version)?
Guy N. Cognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-21, 10:26   #42
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Now is it worth for me to play this on a PS1 emulator at some point?
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-21, 10:48   #43
LateRaider
Professor

i would say yes but also this isn't out yet
Old 22-11-21, 16:36   #44
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
i would say yes but also this isn't out yet
Ok so that means they still need to work on it. Now are there going to be cheat codes for this version as well?
Old 27-12-21, 15:59   #45
Luihmih
Hobbyist

Default Thanks a lot, b122251, from a real fan of your works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b122251 View Post
These conversions take a huge amount of work. First the level converters had to be written, to convert the levels from PC-format to PSX-format. This has been done, but it took several months.
After that came the problem that every single level was too big to convert 1-to-1. So I had to invent trick after trick to fit the levels into the PS1's limited memory without losing anyhting. This has now succeeded for every level (except Sleeping with the Fishes, which still causes trouble and crashes).
Then there is also the problem of the enemy A.I. for Sophia Leigh being different on TLA than it was on TR3.
And then there's still the simple mundane things like disc building, modifying gameflow, etc.

Sorry to keep all of you waiting, but it really is a lot of work.
Hi b122251! It's a real honour for me to text you. Just played your two firsts ports to PSX from the two firsts Gold versions (SuiKaze Raider told me about that). Congratulations for your unbeliavable and awesome work. I enjoyed every second playing these ports, and I'm sure I was not the only one. Thanks for share your talent with all of us. I'm so expected to this new port of TLA. Hope you can solve every problem you find on your way. Take all the time in the world fixing all the issues, because it will worth it for sure. Of course, if you need one more tester, I would so glad to offer myself.

Any update for these Christmas times, btw?

Last edited by Luihmih; 27-12-21 at 16:17. Reason: Do you need more testers for this PSX version of TLA?
Luihmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-21, 09:44   #46
b122251
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luihmih View Post
Hi b122251! It's a real honour for me to text you. Just played your two firsts ports to PSX from the two firsts Gold versions (SuiKaze Raider told me about that). Congratulations for your unbeliavable and awesome work. I enjoyed every second playing these ports, and I'm sure I was not the only one. Thanks for share your talent with all of us. I'm so expected to this new port of TLA. Hope you can solve every problem you find on your way. Take all the time in the world fixing all the issues, because it will worth it for sure. Of course, if you need one more tester, I would so glad to offer myself.

Any update for these Christmas times, btw?
Hi, thank you for this very kind message. It's responses like this that keep my motivation going. So here is a very, very small update on this project.

The Sophia Leigh boss fight now works perfectly (special thanks to Arsunt for helping me with the A.I.).

Every level now works 100%, except for Sleeping with the Fishes, which continues to frustrate me, and there's still a sound problem which sometimes occurs in It's a Madhouse.
Other things like gameflow have all been solved, except for the Japanese translation for the game, which mizuno_suisei has offered to help me with (but for which some work still needs to be done at my end).

As to the offer to help test this game, I very happily accept, as I have found that more than once problems I had not previously found pop up to annoy me. Please send me a message and I'll send you something.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-21, 13:27   #47
angelhp
Hobbyist

oh! Cool!! I'm super excited about this project ... Great to see it progressing so well .. thank you very much for all your effort...
If you need testers I can also help

Last edited by angelhp; 28-12-21 at 13:29.
angelhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-22, 07:13   #48
francis zurch
Hobbyist

Your PS1 conversions are very impressive. I would have never played the expansions if I hadn't found this. I mainly play them on my PSP and they run great on pops 3.52 through 5.00. Newer pops like 6.60 and 6.61 cause minor lag in a few areas but no crashes or anything serious. Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful adventures with the PS1 Tomb Raider community. BTW, What's up with the password protected archives with bible chapters for names in the track1 of your BINs? I'm just curious, that's all.
francis zurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-22, 10:04   #49
b122251
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis zurch View Post
Your PS1 conversions are very impressive. I would have never played the expansions if I hadn't found this. I mainly play them on my PSP and they run great on pops 3.52 through 5.00. Newer pops like 6.60 and 6.61 cause minor lag in a few areas but no crashes or anything serious. Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful adventures with the PS1 Tomb Raider community. BTW, What's up with the password protected archives with bible chapters for names in the track1 of your BINs? I'm just curious, that's all.
Thank you for your kind words. The files you refer to on the disc hold the whole project directory.
This is for my benefit, since I have more than once found that I made some project, then finished it,
wanted to return to it later to change something, but I didn't have the project source files anymore.
So I decided the best place to store them was inside the final product. So when making a PS1-game, the
best way to make sure I won't lose the source files is to include them on every copy.

I wanted to make the name of the file something nice, but since I'm on an 8.3 character limitation,
there aren't many things you can write. So I make them references to bible passages that contain some
blessing. For example, Rev 22:21:
Quote:
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
This is both a pleasant blessing for anybody curious enough to go looking at the filenames of stuff
I included on the disc, and a nice reminder for myself on how to open the files.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 18:53   #50
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by b122251 View Post
Thank you for your kind words. The files you refer to on the disc hold the whole project directory.
This is for my benefit, since I have more than once found that I made some project, then finished it,
wanted to return to it later to change something, but I didn't have the project source files anymore.
So I decided the best place to store them was inside the final product. So when making a PS1-game, the
best way to make sure I won't lose the source files is to include them on every copy.

I wanted to make the name of the file something nice, but since I'm on an 8.3 character limitation,
there aren't many things you can write. So I make them references to bible passages that contain some
blessing. For example, Rev 22:21:

This is both a pleasant blessing for anybody curious enough to go looking at the filenames of stuff
I included on the disc, and a nice reminder for myself on how to open the files.
Is the game ready for it to get released yet?