www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 14-01-22, 16:28   #1
justin
Professor

Default Pulsing colour of pickups

Hey everyone! Aky's awesome plugin1 lets you pulse the colour of pickups, but it's limited to 5 at a time. I don't suppose anyone has done this manually to allow for more than 5 at a given time?

I can set a bunch of triggers to turn then off and on depending on Lara's distance to the objects, but figured I'd ask here before setting up such a complicated string of triggers
Old 14-01-22, 17:15   #2
AkyV

Hello!

Here is a manual solution:

See this Selected Item Memory Zone field:

“Light on object. RedGreenBlue ambience (Long)”.

Let’s suppose we have a ColorRGB= 110, 20, 100, 50 Script command. So it is this R/G/B value= 20/100/50. It is $14/$64/$32 in hexadecimal. Merging the numbers: $146432 - then turning that back into decimal: 1336370. This is the solution if you use F291 on that ColorRGB command.
So if you use F291 on that ColorRGB command, then the trigger will put 1336370 into Current Value.

So use a GlobalTrigger (the condition is anything, but it must be true while you want to see that blinking), with these triggers in the TriggerGroup-to-be-executed:

Trigger1. Define the object as the subject of Item Memory Zone. (A54)
Trigger2: F291 will transform the RGB value of a ColorRGB command into a value of Current Value variable.
Trigger3. F272 will copy the value of Current Value variable into another (but LONG!) variable.
Trigger4. Force that "another variable" value into that memory zone field, by F257.

Notes:
- Current Value can be used for several other things at the same time. That is why we copy its value fast into another variable, to make it free. (For example, in the case of using another manual solution for an item like this, you need the free CurrentValue again.) Sadly, it is not enough sometimes, this mess with CurrentValue kills the too many procedures.
By the way, we have only three free Long variables initially - but you can use my Plugin#2 for further variables (see PARAM_VAR_MASTER). (In this case naturally you need a plugin trigger instead of F272 and F257.)
- The maximum limit of PARAM_BIG_NUMBER is 65535, as a big number value. So feel free to use fake ColorRGB to get a really big number like that 1336370, even if what you do is not about color. (Or, again, PARAM_VAR_MASTER also can help in this.)
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-22, 19:24   #3
justin
Professor

Thanks so much, Aky! Your Nvars have proven to be invaluable
Old 23-01-22, 19:12   #4
_TombExplorer_
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
Hey everyone! Aky's awesome plugin1 lets you pulse the colour of pickups, but it's limited to 5 at a time. I don't suppose anyone has done this manually to allow for more than 5 at a given time?

I can set a bunch of triggers to turn then off and on depending on Lara's distance to the objects, but figured I'd ask here before setting up such a complicated string of triggers
Is there a video example of the effect, by any chance?
_TombExplorer_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-22, 19:26   #5
justin
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TombExplorer_ View Post
Is there a video example of the effect, by any chance?
There are a few out there, i can try to find it. But it's also used throughout War of the Worlds which is easy to look up.

Found one I remember seeing!
https://youtu.be/xCLxN0Bw7jY

Last edited by justin; 23-01-22 at 19:36.
justin is online now   Reply With Quote