Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 22-11-20, 13:41   #1601
DragonSlayer

Another day another minor bit of Covid-19 hysteria being blown way out of proportion.

Long story short staff members at RTE Ireland's national broadcaster posed with a staff member who's retiring for a photograph, when people found out about it all hell broke loose.

The main issue most people are whining about is a very temporary lapse in social distancing while the photo was being taken, I wonder where these whiners were when loads of people have been gathering outdoors in large numbers drinking alcohol and conveniently not commenting on that

Some demanded that the Irish Government and police conduct top level investigations into the matter, others have demanded that everyone in the photo should resign as if people resigning is going to somehow resolve the overblown issue and probably one or two nutcases demanding that everyone in the photo be sentenced to life in prison.

The overreaction to the photo being taken is over the top and the way that some in the media are moaning about it, you'd think that there had been a full blown party going on with champagne flowing freely and staff members swinging from the chandeliers after sniffing Cocaine before discretely slipping away for a romantic encounter in an empty office.

Everyone in the photo was already in the building anyway seeing as they all work there so it's not like they travelled hundreds of miles just to have their picture taken.

Plus it's not every day that someone retires so it won't be a regular occurrence.

Demanding that people resign won't solve anything and is nothing more than a knee jerk response, if I had been in the photo I wouldn't have apologised just so the idiots hiding behind their keyboards can think that they have achieved something after making a massive fuss over a minor issue.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-20, 23:17   #1602
Greatest TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Manson View Post
I remember joking about SARS with a friend in January, I can't remember why. The conversation just led there spontaneously. And then she mentioned that maybe we will all get infected with that new virus from China - Coronavirus. And we laughed.
It haunts me now whenever I think about that conversation.
Relax, You worry too much.
Greatest TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-20, 23:52   #1603
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest TR View Post
Relax, You worry too much.
The problem is that not enough people are worrying or taking precaution. But you will be once your family is effected.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 02:02   #1604
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
The problem is that not enough people are worrying or taking precaution. But you will be once your family is effected.
I agree

Edit

On another note I really hope the Vaccine works. I'll take it whenever I can.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 23-11-20 at 02:15.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 02:43   #1605
Greatest TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Dont worry Lance, me, my partner and my five children are fine. We follow the rules. I do all the food shopping by myself and rest stays home or park and we all took COVID test atlease four times now. It's turn out to be negative. people need to calm down. This isn't the black death plague and we are not living in 1800's anymore.
Greatest TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 04:20   #1606
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest TR View Post
Dont worry Lance, me, my partner and my five children are fine. We follow the rules. I do all the food shopping by myself and rest stays home or park and we all took COVID test atlease four times now. It's turn out to be negative. people need to calm down. This isn't the black death plague and we are not living in 1800's anymore.
No it's not the black death, but it is a serious disease. We don't know how many as of right now, but Monday people who have it do end up with respiratory illness and cognitive changes well after the disease has passed.

I never had any breathing issues until I got sick back in November of last year. My entire family is now on inhalers that we take everyday just to breath normally.

There are also a very high number of people who end up hospitalized compared to other common illnesses.

It's a virus that should and needs to be taken seriously.
Old 23-11-20, 09:48   #1607
Shirley_Manson

^ Exactly. Covid needs to be taken a lot more seriously. We're just so damn lucky it doesn't have ebola type mortality rates,

I wouldn't worry so much if there wasn't a huge spike of Corona cases in my borderline third world country, and if every hospital wasn't at full capacity. I wouldn't panic at all if I presonaly didn't have pneumonia 3 times in my life, the last one was so bad I had ptsd from it and carried an inhaler in my purse for 2 years after it passed. I don't want to stay in the hospital again or fight to breathe for 30 minutes at a time again. And that was just regular pneumonia, who knows how hard Covid will hit.
And the fact that my mother is in one of the worst risk groups for dying of Covid makes it all the worse.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-20, 04:46   #1608
charmedangelin

I saw an article about how we are on the verge of a depression in 2021 if we don't get any economic stimulus before the holiday season. Some businesses rely on holiday sales in order to profit. Some businesses make up to 68% of their profit from all the holiday consumerism alone.

Without any kind of stimulus package and a second round of checks, economists fear that people will not spend much at all this year on retail which could have substantial consequences in 2021.

What the hell is congress doing? Pass something already.
Old 25-11-20, 06:51   #1609
Sir Launcelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I saw an article about how we are on the verge of a depression in 2021 if we don't get any economic stimulus before the holiday season. Some businesses rely on holiday sales in order to profit. Some businesses make up to 68% of their profit from all the holiday consumerism alone.

Without any kind of stimulus package and a second round of checks, economists fear that people will not spend much at all this year on retail which could have substantial consequences in 2021.

What the hell is congress doing? Pass something already.
We're going to see many formerly working people become homeless in 2021, hunger will be on the ups, and there will be a collapse in both the commercial and housing real estate markets, severity yet to be determined.

I know I did not spend as much on Xmas shopping this year (already done, heh heh).

I went to a certain upscale food store loved by "them", to buy some stuff for a relative who is a picky eater, and they had a line to get in the store so people in the store could "social distance". They had a hippie girl directing people into the line.

The store looked like it had few customers inside, from what I could see, but the people outside in the line were standing in the cold, packed close together - and coughing and sniffling. I took an incredulous look at the girl, turned around and left.

A superb example of masturbating, self-flagellating liberalism in action.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-20, 14:49   #1610
charmedangelin

Hurray, we are now ruled by a fascist theocracy who actually don't care to respect the constitution.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1331942042503622668?s=19