Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 30-11-19, 19:04   #1211
Emix

I love everything about Sindel's model. It's so well done and voice acting is very good.
Sadly her gameplay didn't blew me away. I just can't find any super fun character to play in this game and it looks like i have to accept that. I mean she is good but her "flying" is so dumb. She lacks any projectile in her base kit and her scream is also kinda disappointing. I want to love her playstyle but sadly i can't.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-19, 23:20   #1212
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post
Is it just me or does Sindel's eyes and nose area remind anyone else of Dame Helen Mirren? I just can't unsee it.
This might sound even more random and crazy but I see a little of Dame Judi Dench in there, especially in the nose. It's Judi just a bit younger and with fantastic boobs.

Actually now you say it I can kind of see DHM too, from certain angles.

There's definitely something very British about Sindel's features. She's like a mixed Japanese-British woman.

Also I prefer Kitana's MKX voice. The new one is good enough, but I think she's lacking that kind of cocky sass the old actress had. She needs that "Yoo waste my tiiiime!" attitude back.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 30-11-19 at 23:22.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 01:02   #1213
Vinkula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
This might sound even more random and crazy but I see a little of Dame Judi Dench in there, especially in the nose. It's Judi just a bit younger and with fantastic boobs.

Actually now you say it I can kind of see DHM too, from certain angles.

There's definitely something very British about Sindel's features. She's like a mixed Japanese-British woman.
Oh now that you mention it, I do see DJD there too. Ohmy. Sindel really is classy... Though her allegiance could use some reality checking.
Vinkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 03:01   #1214
AntRaidsTombs

I am in love with Sindel lol.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 22:19   #1215
Daft Raider
Inactive

I broke down and bought the Kombat Pass, since it was 50% off.

I LOVE Sindel, I’m having a lot of fun learning how to play as her. I only wish she had more projectiles, it doesn’t feel like she has a lot of range.

Her character towers are atrocious though. Every single match has an augment on it so there’s projectiles constantly flying at me, keeping me from doing any combos. Like on the first one, the last match with Sonya had mines literally all over the floor, I couldn’t take a step without getting knocked into the air by one. So my combos were virtually useless, it was a real frustrating match. Idk, maybe I just suck, which is entirely possible.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-19, 00:35   #1216
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
I broke down and bought the Kombat Pass, since it was 50% off.

I LOVE Sindel, I’m having a lot of fun learning how to play as her. I only wish she had more projectiles, it doesn’t feel like she has a lot of range.

Her character towers are atrocious though. Every single match has an augment on it so there’s projectiles constantly flying at me, keeping me from doing any combos. Like on the first one, the last match with Sonya had mines literally all over the floor, I couldn’t take a step without getting knocked into the air by one. So my combos were virtually useless, it was a real frustrating match. Idk, maybe I just suck, which is entirely possible.
That’s what I was wondering too she doesn’t have a normal stand star screamer, which is odd. I hope they add one for her, but until then I just use the air projectiles they work fine. Also, use your tower consumables they help a ton lol.
Old 02-12-19, 07:09   #1217
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
That’s what I was wondering too she doesn’t have a normal stand star screamer, which is odd. I hope they add one for her, but until then I just use the air projectiles they work fine. Also, use your tower consumables they help a ton lol.
They balanced her abilities in an odd way. The Hair Kut or the flip smash one should’ve been a permeant special, considering how useless her floating special is if you don’t have Regal in your move set I would gladly just get rid of it completely if I could in favor of one of those that can actually contribute to combos. Also she has two screaming abilities... why is the Maleficent March not just an enhanced version of the regular scream ability? Idk... they made some odd choices.

Yeah, I’m using those, I just suck right now because I’m still learning Sindel’s move set. The only character I know by heart is Kitanna.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-19, 00:10   #1218
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
They balanced her abilities in an odd way. The Hair Kut or the flip smash one should’ve been a permeant special, considering how useless her floating special is if you don’t have Regal in your move set I would gladly just get rid of it completely if I could in favor of one of those that can actually contribute to combos. Also she has two screaming abilities... why is the Maleficent March not just an enhanced version of the regular scream ability? Idk... they made some odd choices.

Yeah, I’m using those, I just suck right now because I’m still learning Sindel’s move set. The only character I know by heart is Kitanna.
See I have hair flip, air scream ball barrage thing lol, and the maleficent march equipped. One thing I will say about the flying stance is that it’s unpredictable, say if your pulling off a combo and a person has a chance to retaliate you can fly up and out of dodge real quick. The extra moves just add more to it.

Kitana is my main, I know her front back sideways lol. I’m trying to get that way with Sindel. I’m just working on her combo. You’ll get the hang of her, she’s still new lol.
Old 03-12-19, 14:53   #1219
Emix

Sindel towers are such a pain in the ass filled with modifiers.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-19, 15:33   #1220
Vinkula

One of the Sindel tower unlocks is Flawless Rounds... Like wtf... UGH.
--

I also went back to play with other characters after months of not playing the game. And the tables have turned. I sucked with Jade but killed it with Kitana, which was the other way around when I played months ago. Did not see that coming.
Also started to kick some Earthrealm butt with Shao Khan? LOL.
Vinkula is offline   Reply With Quote