www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 02-01-22, 20:56   #4041
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostercy View Post
I reckon Daleks are bad shots because they don't have depth perception. That doesn't explain Storm Troopers, though. Unless that helmet limits vision.
They're only bad shots when it conveniently calls for it though. They go from super hunter catching everyone in a instant killers to incompetent the next. It's terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Well that was pretty bad.

I liked the concept, but the execution wasn't great. I guessed it was the Tardis straight away and I'm surprised it took The Doctor so long. I think the episode could have been set somewhere more interesting than a storage unit with a lot of long straight corridors.

The characters were annoying also. What is it with Chibnall and his obsession with side character romances. I DON'T CARE. The way the episode started with two characters I don't know and care for, I could immediately tell where it was going. He's done it too many times. The ending with them going off traveling together... I don't careeeee.

The whole Yaz liking the Doctor stuff was cringey as usual. All tell and no show.

None of his Dalek New Year episodes have been very good. 2 more episodes left thank god.

I'm not surprised. One of the Flux episodes was the lowest of New Who, but looks like it's been beaten by this latest episode. Lol
I didn't want to say it but I agree. No mention of the Flux aftermath? Dan says 'you saved the universe last week' so are we supposed to forget that the vast majority of it should still be in ruins because there was no timey wimey fix despite that being ENTIRELY possible? No mention of Atropos or the Mauri? It's just flick a switch and 'voila the TARDIS is fixed'? Given the imagery for the episode being the red cracks on the TARDIS I honestly expcted something a lot more sinister such as the TARDIS struggling to be repaired and be erratic or prone to hijack or something.

Also, like you said it was pretty obvious the TARDIS was the cause of the loop... But why? It served no real purpose. If it was a one last ditch effort to save the doctor then that makes sensw... But he entire premise of the episode is based on the Doctor not getting to her original destination where she would have been safer anyway. At first I suspected the whole 'I may not take you where you want to go, but I always take you where you need to go' element... But the Doctor wasn't needed there. The Daleks in the episode had no great plan. They weren't invading. They were literally there because he doctor was there. Also, are we to believe the Daleks put a force field around only one part of the building? They blocked only the front door but not the back one because Aisling Bea's character hadnt opened it for years so they didn't bother. Why did escaping the building and blowing it up/killikg the Daleks stop the time loop if they weren't resonsible for creating it? Also, I hate how one moment the Daleks are ten steps ahead of everyone, literally in the cycle where the Doctor and Co. Make a grand plan to be ahead of the Daleks, and then the Daleks after having a super upper hand start acting like idiots shortly after. It was honestly such a lazily written episode and was way behind the one from last year. Having the Daleks AGAIN was a bore. Having another race aftern Bel and Vinder was a bore. Having Jodie's doctor retread the same 'your song is ending soon' prophesy 10s did is dull. Having Yaz now randomly she decides she loves the doctor when we have had two series where that wasn't even a thing, and has clearly ben shoved in becase there are a small group of people who ship them, was tedious.

I honestly cannot wait for Chibnall to be gone and RTD to come back. I'm not saying I think RTD was perfect or didn't have issues himself but at least he vast majority of times his stories didn't have more holes than Swiss cheese.

Last edited by jajay119; 02-01-22 at 21:03.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-22, 21:14   #4042
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
They're only bad shots when it conveniently calls for it though. They go from super hunter catching everyone in a instant killers to incompetent the next. It's terrible.

I didn't want to say it but I agree. No mention of the Flux aftermath? Dan says 'you saved the universe last week' so are we supposed to forget that the vast majority of it should still be in ruins because there was no timey wimey fix despite that being ENTIRELY possible? No mention of Atropos or the Mauri? It's just flick a switch and 'voila the TARDIS is fixed'? Given the imagery for the episode being the red cracks on the TARDIS I honestly expcted something a lot more sinister such as the TARDIS struggling to be repaired and be erratic or prone to hijack or something.

Also, like you said it was pretty obvious the TARDIS was the cause of the loop... But why? It served no real purpose. If it was a one last ditch effort to save the doctor then that makes sensw... But he entire premise of the episode is based on the Doctor not getting to her original destination where she would have been safer anyway. At first I suspected the whole 'I may not take you where you want to go, but I always take you where you need to go' element... But the Doctor wasn't needed there. The Daleks in the episode had no great plan. They weren't invading. They were literally there because he doctor was there. Also, are we to believe the Daleks put a force field around only one part of the building? They blocked only the front door but not the back one because Aisling Bea's character hadnt opened it for years so they didn't bother. Why did escaping the building and blowing it up/killikg the Daleks stop the time loop if they weren't resonsible for creating it? Also, I hate how one moment the Daleks are ten steps ahead of everyone, literally in the cycle where the Doctor and Co. Make a grand plan to be ahead of the Daleks, and then the Daleks after having a super upper hand start acting like idiots shortly after. It was honestly such a lazily written episode and was way behind the one from last year. Having the Daleks AGAIN was a bore. Having another race aftern Bel and Vinder was a bore. Having Jodie's doctor retread the same 'your song is ending soon' prophesy 10s did is dull. Having Yaz now randomly she decides she loves the doctor when we have had two series where that wasn't even a thing, and has clearly ben shoved in becase there are a small group of people who ship them, was tedious.

I honestly cannot wait for Chibnall to be gone and RTD to come back. I'm not saying I think RTD was perfect or didn't have issues himself but at least he vast majority of times his stories didn't have more holes than Swiss cheese.
Oh yeah the episode had loads of plot holes, some which I forgot about until you mentioned it. I didn't even really understand their plan very well. They only had 1 minute on their last attempt to run to whatever floor, setup the plan and then escape? Yeah good luck.

Also I forgot to mention, the fact at the start the Doctor says anyone inside the Tardis could die if they don't leave within 7 seconds. How about you don't bring your companions in with you when you set this up? wtf.

Also yeah Dan saying the universe was saved....errr I don't think so. I'm so confused on what the Flux actually did at this point. Will Chibnall revolve it or just move on?

The Daleks were pretty pathetic as well as you said. Some of the dialogue was a bit weird too with them.

Also yes why did the Tardis land them there if the Daleks only appeared because The Doctor landed there.

I looked on twitter and it's all about celebrating Yaz being gay. ugh. Chibnall can not write good characters in Doctor Who. The fact a lot of the characters kept having heart to hearts whilst being chased with limited time was jarring also.

I gotta give the episode some credit. At least none of the characters had a Dalek controlling them again.
Old 03-01-22, 00:10   #4043
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

The Flux will probably get mentioned again in the Centenary Special. I doubt we've seen the end of it just yet as remember it was going to be an 8 episode series but changed to 6 with 2 specials then a Centenary. My guess is the Sea Devil episode wasn't planned at first until it got boosted to 9 episodes
Old 03-01-22, 02:45   #4044
jajay119
Tomb Raider

That's entirely possible but it just feels very stilted if thats the case. Personally I'd rather them have carried Flux on for one more episode to more neatly wrap eveything there. Then had a stand alone Christmas and Centinary special. This episode and the next just feel like filler randomly plonked in to fill the gap.

Also, sorry for my typos above. My phone really doesn't like typing proper words sometimes.
Old 21-01-22, 00:44   #4045
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Season 22 is the next boxset in the Collection range
https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...Za_IZnTLbOunKo

Across an action-packed season of double-length episodes, Colin Baker’s Doctor and companion Peri (Nicola Bryant) face off against a host of classic monsters and villains, including Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans, Davros (Terry Molloy) and The Master (Anthony Ainley) – as well as introducing new female nemesis The Rani (Kate O’Mara) and the villainous slug-like Sil (Nabil Shaban). Also returning is Patrick Troughton as the Second Doctor, and his companion Jamie (Frazer Hines).

Season 22 includes 6 Serials, and is the only Season which increased the runtime of each episode to 45mins for each serial. With 6 serials to watch:
Attack of the Cybermen
Vengeance on Varos
Mark of the Rani
The Two Doctors
Timelash
Revelation of the Daleks
Old 25-01-22, 17:20   #4046
jajay119
Tomb Raider

News outlets are running the story that Whittaker's ratings have fallen so low they may not show her regeneration.

I have not been a fan of Chibnall or Jodie but I think that's a bit much. They've already been filmed.
Old 25-01-22, 19:31   #4047
Rai

Isn't Jodie's final episode the centenary special? The BBC wouldn't just pull that. Unless the idea is to cut the regeneration scene itself, which would be odd and kinda pointless, imo. We all know that these last two specials are Jodie's and Chris Chibnall's last, may as well air them and then concentrate on the new series/ 60th anniversary.
Old 25-01-22, 20:22   #4048
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

I think it's more about how do they end Chibnals run and go into the RTD2 era. Seeing a regeneration would imply everything is set in stone, unless we don't see who she changes into. Leaving it open would allow for the new era to start like it did back in 2005.

I don't think it's "ratings are so low let's not bother with a regeneration scene because no one cares". I think it's more about the transition.
Old 26-01-22, 11:21   #4049
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
News outlets are running the story that Whittaker's ratings have fallen so low they may not show her regeneration.

I have not been a fan of Chibnall or Jodie but I think that's a bit much. They've already been filmed.
Uh whaaaat
They want to sabotage 13th era like they did unrespectfully with 6th ?
They will skip the centenary episode that already have been shot ? And then introduce the next doctor in the next episode without any context ?
This rumour don't make any sense and I think it is a ****** idea !
Old 26-01-22, 11:24   #4050
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Uh whaaaat
They want to sabotage 13th era like they did unrespectfully with 6th ?
They will skip the centenary episode that already have been shot ? And then introduce the next doctor in the next episode without any context ?
This rumour don't make any sense and I think it is a ****** idea !
I mean, yeah it's a poor idea... but if we are talking about things that have sabotaged the era then this is not it. The crap writing and acting did thay long ago.