www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 22-04-17, 18:30   #21
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleoprotein View Post
Can you apply crashfix on older patch without new FMV player ? Because is incompatible with dgVoodoo2 (Glide, DX1-7 and 8 wrapper to DX11) which I use and it's the best tool to run older Tomb Raiders smoothly on my Windows 10.
Thank you for the feedback! Indeed, unfortunately the latest version of the video player's DLL was incompatible with the dgVoodoo. This was due to the specifics of the video player in the child SDL window. This will be fixed in the coming weeks. If not, I will temporarily return the original player to the patch, and add some another nice bugfix or feature. But I just remind you that this is not a final patch, it's just a demonstration of possibilities.

But generally, when the patch is completed, the game will receive full native support for DirectX 9.0c instead of DirectX 7. No wrappers, no compatibility modes, no other patches will be required. There will be a convenient customizable interface right in the setup window, native support for multilingual packages, including modding packages.
Old 22-04-17, 21:32   #22
Joey79100
Professor

I'm wondering... If you're able to add DirectX 9.0 support for TR3 (and maybe TR2?)... would you be able to do the same with the TRLE executable, which is based on the TR4 one? Because it would mean that level builders could finally make games that run decently, and even use better graphical effects in the end. This is something we would all love.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-17, 08:05   #23
Dustie
Relic Hunter

^ I bet he can, but let him finish TR2 and TR3 first!!

And isn't DirectX 9 going to allow all these fancy-schmancy shader effects through external software?
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-17, 09:05   #24
Joey79100
Professor

I don't gaf about TR2 and TR3, I want TRLE only!
Just kidding of course!

And yeah, probably a lot of them. Not all the recent features but it would be much better.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 14:47   #25
Nucleoprotein
Hobbyist

@Arsunt

This is different thing but can you check if savegame crystal code from PSX is available in PC game code ? I liked PSX version for limited saves, PC TR3 is too easy.
Nucleoprotein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-17, 05:02   #26
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleoprotein View Post
@Arsunt

This is different thing but can you check if savegame crystal code from PSX is available in PC game code ? I liked PSX version for limited saves, PC TR3 is too easy.
I reported my intention to make such a feature on my visitors's message board. There is no code of PSX savegame system in the PC game, but this feature can be recreated from scratch. Of course this hard mode will be optional.
Old 11-05-17, 14:41   #27
Dustie
Relic Hunter

I can't wait!
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote