Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 18-05-19, 23:51   #2221
sharalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Are you sure you're in lighting mode? I've just checked in the current build and lighting works normally.
Pretty sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lore
@sharalex: check also that bulbs you put in the map have the "EnablRaiderd" button ticked (it's at the bottom panel on the right of the palette)
Appears to be, Lore.

See screenshot ... https://imgur.com/KanoUcH
sharalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-19, 06:06   #2222
KyleCroft

Quote:
General idea is you place imported geometry dummy mesh (like cameras or sound sources) and then double click to assign an object file to it.
Yup! I know about that. All I'm unaware of is how to have a textured .obj file that's ready to import.

Maybe in the wadtool, there could be an option to export a static object as a textured .obj file that could then be re-imported back into the editor?
KyleCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-19, 09:33   #2223
MontyTRC
Tomb Editor

This feature is already in my plans ;-)
Now we are working hard to fix 3 bugs for the next update. We have really improved NG animated textures support, only transparent ones still don't UVRotate. I've also added a safer way to save Prj2 files that will not corrupt files, even if there're unexpected errors.
MontyTRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-19, 17:59   #2224
JMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharalex View Post
Pretty sure.

Appears to be, Lore.

See screenshot ... https://imgur.com/KanoUcH
The intensity is way too high. It should ideally be 1 or less.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-19, 18:31   #2225
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
Yes, and it looks like your room ambient light is set to white (255,255,255)?? I'm not sure if that's not stopping any color from showing up, set a darker ambiance.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-19, 06:59   #2226
sharalex

Quote:
Yes, and it looks like your room ambient light is set to white (255,255,255)?? I'm not sure if that's not stopping any color from showing up, set a darker ambiance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN
I had the intensity turned up because I wasn't getting any result, although I can see that it bleaches out the ambient colour (screen shot 1) the ambient is yellowish.
https://imgur.com/dhGOigo

When I lowered the intensity to 0.9 and set the colour to red, you can see the colour is not being applied. Only diff is the ambient colour is no longer bleaching (screen shot 2).
https://imgur.com/D1ifhzd

I'm grateful for the assistance so if you have any wild guesses or ideas, I'd be happy to attempt anything at all.. .
Old 20-05-19, 09:08   #2227
JMN

Like Dustie said, your room ambient is too high as well.

Ambient lighting should generally be darker. A Lum value of around 30 should do it.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-19, 10:05   #2228
Dustie

I checked by using the same settings as in your screenshot and lighting is working fine it seems. Those values are just not usable...

This is the highest ambient light value for that shade of yellow that will let any red to even show through:

Old 21-05-19, 06:06   #2229
sharalex

Quote:
I checked by using the same settings as in your screenshot and lighting is working fine it seems. Those values are just not usable...
Thanks, Dustie ... you'll probably be relieved to know that I'm not planning on using those actual colours, I was really just trying to work out what was wrong.

Once I changed the ambient light and lowered the intensity some more ... it still didn't work, BUT, I could see that the colour was affecting the lines around the edge of the white textures, so that made me consider the problem might actually be the texture.

The texture set had been run through the map_converter - perhaps the wrong one, since I see I have two in my tools directory. I think something strange may have happened to the textures, so I reloaded the original 64x64 texture set and what do you know? I have solid colour across the entire texture.

That may well have been the issue with the original NGLE level too, which kept crashing ... hence the attempt at rebuilding it in TE.
Old 21-05-19, 12:54   #2230
Dustie

Textures aren't entirely at fault here, although with dark textures all light will be more visible (except for very dark or almost black textures) and with white ones this effect of color being washed out will manifest even at lower light values.

You can even recreate this color setup in NGLE and compare. I believe you will get the same "issue"