Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 21-06-19, 12:47   #24391
BigR4444
Golden

What I got from that guys video is that you have the option to slow it down and gain more control over the battle.
I cant really say to what extent, cuz I haven't played the demo myself; but I'm optimistic

I'm one of the guys that would have had no problem with FF games keeping the old school combat system; but I understand the need to speed things up and make it faster and more action-y. You're always trying to attract new players, and sometimes that brings about a change in direction
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-19, 12:36   #24392
Ikas90
Globetrotter

So I've just finished Final Fantasy VI, and it's the only game from the SNES/Famicon era that I've played. Was well impressed.

There was only so much you could do with 16 bit animations, and still, the game is visually stunning even for today.

Also did not mind the leveling system and having to equip Espers to boost stats and learn spells, despite many complaints about it. I kind of liked having to keep track of many things and switching the Espers around. It's one of those things I generally enjoy about FF games, the work involved and the rewards gained. I will however say that I do wish there were superbosses in the game that you needed really high stats to beat. All of the Legendary dragons were really not "Legendary" and quite easy to beat. And Doom Gaze was a joke.

Other than that, they really created an amazing story with each character having depth and motivations. Not to mention an excellent villain.
Ikas90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-19, 13:08   #24393
Yuna´s Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikas90 View Post
So I've just finished Final Fantasy VI, and it's the only game from the SNES/Famicon era that I've played. Was well impressed.

There was only so much you could do with 16 bit animations, and still, the game is visually stunning even for today.

Also did not mind the leveling system and having to equip Espers to boost stats and learn spells, despite many complaints about it. I kind of liked having to keep track of many things and switching the Espers around. It's one of those things I generally enjoy about FF games, the work involved and the rewards gained. I will however say that I do wish there were superbosses in the game that you needed really high stats to beat. All of the Legendary dragons were really not "Legendary" and quite easy to beat. And Doom Gaze was a joke.

Other than that, they really created an amazing story with each character having depth and motivations. Not to mention an excellent villain.
VI is an excellent FF game.

I love the fact that you have so many characters...and none of them is the "main protagonist" of the story, unlike what happens in pretty much all the other entries of the series.

Who is your favourite character? Mine is Celes

And the Opera House segment is perfect.

And Kefka is brilliant, and so is the soundtrack.

Aaaaannnnddddd...

...no, ok, I'll stop but I could easily go on. Some people consider VI to be the best FF, and they have some good reasons to do so.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-19, 15:21   #24394
Ikas90
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
VI is an excellent FF game.

I love the fact that you have so many characters...and none of them is the "main protagonist" of the story, unlike what happens in pretty much all the other entries of the series.

Who is your favourite character? Mine is Celes

And the Opera House segment is perfect.

And Kefka is brilliant, and so is the soundtrack.

Aaaaannnnddddd...

...no, ok, I'll stop but I could easily go on. Some people consider VI to be the best FF, and they have some good reasons to do so.
All of the characters have great backstories, my favourite was probably Terra and if the game had one main protagonist she would probably be the closest one to it. I really appreciate the amount of creativity that went into the writing.
Ikas90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-19, 04:03   #24395
RAID

It's finally the 3rd of September... FF8 Remaster should be out today. Still unavailable on steam
RAID is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 01:58   #24396
Tsarina

Yoooooooo why is no one talking about the gorgeousness that was the most recent Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer from TGS? Like holy ****
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 02:12   #24397
Yuna´s Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
Yoooooooo why is no one talking about the gorgeousness that was the most recent Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer from TGS? Like holy ****
It does look wonderful and I appreciate all the effort (and money) it took to make such a visually stunning game.

Square always excels in the visuals department, so I am more interested in how it feels control-wise. It seems like it has elements from XII, XIII and XV, to name only a few, and I honestly hope it doesn't borrow that much from XV
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 11:50   #24398
Tsarina

I honestly didn’t expect to see so much in that trailer. It was literally my childhood game coming to life with updated graphics. The mini games, the dressing up for the Don, the turning into a frog in the sewers. Etc. it was all just perfect. And I actually don’t mind the voice actors. I’m just so ecstatic. I cannot wait to see the gold saucer when it comes.
Old 20-11-19, 08:24   #24399
suli
Inactive

I'm playing FF8 remastered currently (in the middle of disc3) and i'm a recent fan of the series I started playing the games after FF15 (which I loved at the time but now after playing multiple entries I think is the worst from what I played).

I have this question: what do we think of FF8? I dunno guys I loved 7 and 9 but 8 is just too boring to me I don't know why. After the Edea being their matron or whatever reveal it just got all boring to me. It lacks that oomph that 7 and 9 had. and the junction system is just stupid.

I like Zell though, he's cute always makes me laugh
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-19, 16:04   #24400
Tsarina

I enjoyed VIII better after playing the Remaster. When I was a kid it was my favorite before X came out, then X became my favorite and is still the best Final Fantasy IMO.
VIII was very focused on the love story between Squall and Rinoa, which I love but at times can feel super cheesy. The love story between Yuna and Tidus and X was a lot more, put together I think is how I would describe it. The gameplay in VIII in regards to junctioning etc I did not like. I prefer having MP for magic, and things like that. I ended up Platinuming it because the Remaster is way more fun to play than the OG. Still a fun FF, but X by far has the best of everything if you have not played it yet. I was utterly disappointed in XV.