Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 19-06-18, 15:15   #1
Jankrow

Default Hard Difficulty

Anyone tried it? I tried it but I had to quit. I couldn’t get past the burning temple. Enemy fire is deadly. About 3 arrows alone will kill Lara. Stealth is no problem but unavoidable open combat is almost certain death.
Jankrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 15:36   #2
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankrow View Post
Anyone tried it?
Yes, I finished the game on hard. Some combat encounters are much harder than others, but it didn't take me long to adjust to the higher difficulty. Give it another shot!
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 20:31   #3
Samz

I finished roughly the later half of the game on Hard (Had to turn it down for the two boss fights since the QTE glitches out), I still found the game pretty easy for the most part, just aim for the head
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 21:42   #4
supraspecies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
I still found the game pretty easy for the most part, just aim for the head
LOL, I don't like having to aim for the head. Know why? Because if an enemy moves his head just a little bit and you miss, your stealth is over. I may have killed 10 guys in stealth prior to that, and now it's over? No, thanks. That's why I made New Game+ (armor-piercing bow), where you can kill pretty much ANYONE with a shot in the body.
Doesn't work well against samurai though. They can still be killed with one shot, but you need to pull the string, and you just don't have time for it when 10 samurai are charging at you. So... no stealth there.
supraspecies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-18, 00:04   #5
Jankrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraspecies View Post
LOL, I don't like having to aim for the head. Know why? Because if an enemy moves his head just a little bit and you miss, your stealth is over. I may have killed 10 guys in stealth prior to that, and now it's over? No, thanks. That's why I made New Game+ (armor-piercing bow), where you can kill pretty much ANYONE with a shot in the body.
Doesn't work well against samurai though. They can still be killed with one shot, but you need to pull the string, and you just don't have time for it when 10 samurai are charging at you. So... no stealth there.
This is one reason why I appreciate Horizon Zero Dawn’s double and triple shot skill. Notch and fire two or 3 arrows at once. That kills as effectively and as quietly as one to the head.
Jankrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-18, 00:40   #6
Kapu

The chose hard difficulty the last time I replayed the game, and I really liked it. The experience was a lot like the very first time I played the game, which is to say I died a ton. Genuinely challenging. I wasn't well acquainted with free-aim 3rd person shooters back in 2013, so it took me a long time to master the combat. But I did, and after a few replays on normal difficulty the game was too easy. Hard brought back the challenge.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-18, 01:18   #7
biscuits

I like the Hard difficulty. It's fun.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-18, 15:27   #8
Pyro99

I've done countless playthroughs on hard mode, I think it just takes practice
Pyro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-18, 16:48   #9
Blue_light

Yes. Currently I only do playthroughs of this game inspired by a user here -> hard mode, un-upgraded bow (until game forcibly upgrades), bow only, "no skill upgrades" (the animal highlight, because the game forces to get a skill). Apart from the rifle enemies, who give me a little trouble (I take too long to aim for the head), a run like this is still too easy.
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 03:23   #10
SunDormant

To be honest, I don't really find any difference in combat difficulty when choosing hard. I feel like the damage Lara can take is the same.

It's funny. I realised about this when I was playing the game on hard last year and didn't die at any point in the whole playthrough, and then immediately decided to do a speedrun on easy, but died drastically at Shanty Town, and I was like, how?
SunDormant is offline   Reply With Quote