Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 08-06-20, 16:27   #1
Greenapple968

Question Tower Access Key?

In TR3, there's a cheat which gives you all of the key items within one specific level. If you play a level and do this cheat, then you end up with all of the key items for that one level. In Area 51, I did this cheat and there was an item in my inventory called "Tower Access Key." It seems to have the same appearance as the Blue Security Pass in High Security Compound.

Is there an item in Area 51 called "Tower Access Key"? Off the top of my head, I don't seem to recall there being an item of that name. Also, in the inventory I have blank spaces labelled "P2", "P1", "K2", "K3" and "K4." However, "K4" isn't a blank space; instead it's an item which seems to have the same appearance as the Launch Code Pass, though it just says "K4."

Does anybody have anything to say in regards to this? It's got me scratching my head.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 17:57   #2
_Seth

Wow, I remember wondering what all that meant when I would cheat as a kid. XD My brother once told me that they could be the secrets? Because the cheat is for "all keys and secrets."
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-20, 13:04   #3
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Wow, I remember wondering what all that meant when I would cheat as a kid. XD My brother once told me that they could be the secrets? Because the cheat is for "all keys and secrets."
Do you have any ideas as to what the "Tower Access Key" is?
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-20, 22:06   #4
Mek

I've found some kind of information here. I suppose the key appeared in an earlier version of the level and then they decided not to use it, but didn't remove its definition from the level data.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-20, 22:40   #5
SrDanielPonces

maybe it's just a placeholder or unused object files from the level's wad.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 03:00   #6
Woops

Just some leftovers, nothing big
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 03:06   #7
mizuno_suisei

These are placeholders. Do not worry.

When you do the all keys cheat, you get every key that TR3 uses overall based on how many key items tombpc.dat allows. Key items 1 through 12. There are many string slots for this.

Let's say a specitic level doesnt use a Key_item2. Forcing the all keys cheat The listing will appear in the inventory - with no mesh, and a fake string (p1, k1 etc) regardless.

This is because key2 doesnt exist in this level - but the engine forces all the key slots to open due to the cheat. It still needs to give Key2 an ID, so it chooses a random string

This is what is happening. Whenever you get a missing mesh+P1 etc, it means the key does not exist IN THAT level.

If the key exists - with a mesh and correct title. This is normal.

These errors are prominent when using fanedited TR3 scripts, or using TR3golds script with tomb3 and visa versa
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote