Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 23-01-18, 14:54   #981
Alex Fly
Inactive

Go classic!

Personally at first I didn't mind the modern design (and I will get it for the 2 T-shirts I ordered) but when the classic design has been unveiled I knew I had to take this for the album covers.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 15:06   #982
Zebra

I feel like the more I look at them, the more I dislike them both, haha. Even more frustrating cause I know that I could've easily done a better job designing them (I know, that sounds arrogant but it's true LOL). Should've just given people the option to get the gold version against an extra fee. Oh well ... Funny how I said earlier that the cover art wasn't a big deal but now I'm obsessing over which one to pick .
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 16:56   #983
TombRaiderLover

Opted for Classic Lara. Not entirely sure which design I've actually voted for (as the one available to buy on the website has different artwork to what was being promoted at the time), but either one is better than Modern Lara.

Which one is it?

I think I prefer the latter.

Last edited by TombRaiderLover; 23-01-18 at 17:01.
TombRaiderLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 18:04   #984
Sayonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderLover View Post
Opted for Classic Lara. Not entirely sure which design I've actually voted for (as the one available to buy on the website has different artwork to what was being promoted at the time), but either one is better than Modern Lara.

Which one is it?
The Kickstarter cover is the first one, that's the one you will be getting if you helped kickstart it. The other cover design will be available to purchase after the Suite goes live to the general public. I plan on buying it once it's available for release.
Sayonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 18:42   #985
Enya Brennan

Stopping by to say I have great respect for Nathan and the whole team involved in this. I smile every time I receive an update email. He’s moving heaven and earth to make this perfect, you can tell how special it is for him. And for us too, of course, it’ll be one of my most treasured Tomb Raider related items.
Enya Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 19:00   #986
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonel View Post
The Kickstarter cover is the first one, that's the one you will be getting if you helped kickstart it. The other cover design will be available to purchase after the Suite goes live to the general public. I plan on buying it once it's available for release.
It's a bit ironic cause the cover art available to everyone actually looks way better than the standard Kickstarter covers .
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 19:11   #987
TombRaiderLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
It's a bit ironic cause the cover art available to everyone actually looks way better than the standard Kickstarter covers .
Agreed! Never mind. Gives me more reason to purchase the vinyl at some point.
TombRaiderLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 19:28   #988
Alex Fly
Inactive

Personally I like this Lara render less but the black background looks better, that's also why I hoped to grab a Gold edition.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 21:44   #989
dinne

*deleted*

Last edited by dinne; 12-08-20 at 06:31.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-18, 00:00   #990
Sayonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I completely agree, kind of wish the other one was the kickstart cover. I'm just now checking out the websites shop and I'm a little disappointed that you can still buy some of the items that were advertised on the kickstarter, like the Classic Lara T-shirts (but not modern for some reason), Gold Ultimate edition poster, etc. Feels like the backing for those items doesn't seem as special, with the exception of the Items with signatures for kickstarter and no signature for non-kickstarter, like the concert posters. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that I can get my hands on some of the items that I didn't have the money for at the time. But I'm still a little sad that I can still order the classic lara shirt that was advertised on the website. Maybe if he signed them I wouldn't be as bummed out about it.
Sayonel is offline   Reply With Quote