www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 16-04-19, 01:11   #1831
LateRaider
Archaeologist

lmao i just read countless pages of soap opera drama b/c someone ASSUMED the delayed outfit won't be free for season pass owners? lmaoooooooo this place is wild
Old 16-04-19, 01:13   #1832
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post

In any case, your dismissed.
You don't get to dismiss a member of this public forum from a discussion.

I would just like to say to Morrigan that I and a whole lot of others are grateful for keeping us up to date on the extra outfits. Appreciated and looking froward to seeing it in time .
Old 16-04-19, 01:18   #1833
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

I wasn't dismissing them from discussion though, I was just dismissing them from my personal presence.

But I won't argue on that point, I'm going to bed.
Old 16-04-19, 01:23   #1834
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
You don't get to dismiss a member of this public forum from a discussion.

I would just like to say to Morrigan that I and a whole lot of others are grateful for keeping us up to date on the extra outfits. Appreciated and looking froward to seeing it in time .
Rai snapped

-

If Morrigan is lurking I as well am one of the many people that appreciate you and is genuinely excited for this final DLC and I'm ready for all the greatness to be unlocked!
Old 16-04-19, 01:23   #1835
Isaac
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiz19 View Post
Hang on, let me try to understand the point you're trying to make...

So, the Croft Edition + Season Pass we got had everything they said we would get - and then some. Everything they told us we would get last July has come true. Nothing they have stated turned out to be a lie. Again, your expectations is your own and if you're disappointed that's fair. But we still got what we were told. I'm assuming we can agree on that because you haven't bothered to dispute that when I have asked you to.

However, additional support after the season pass is over with... you are expecting for free? Nowhere did EM state that after the season pass they will be releasing new content for $0. That is not how business works. Would it be nice? Of course. Should you expect it? Of course not. You got what you paid for. You want more? You pay more. It's really that simple... If you expected more for nothing, than that is 100% your own fault.

I want this game to get continued support via cosmetics, so I'm willing to pay for them...
His reasoning is basically that the term ‘Season pass’ should automatically and always include everything because of said term. Same with ‘ultimate editions’.

By names these should exempt us from additional fees.

Last edited by Isaac; 16-04-19 at 01:26.
Isaac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 01:29   #1836
Swiz19
Explorer

Quote:
Oh no, what doesn't work is selling a season pass and then wanting to charge more after already charging for a half's more content work of the game.

Zelda did it, season pass also included DLC2 even though DLC2 wasn't planned or made until after DLC1 and Nintendo asked them to make another DLC.

Please understand what I am trying to say here and really listen because it's quite simple actually.

You want to be treated right, with respect and all that then demand it and don't sit there and try to justify their crap because you love it so much.

It's simple, that's why the gaming industry is in the mess that it's in. Why do you think many gaming companies charge for micro transactions and in app purchases?

Because they knew the average consumer would be stupid enough to buy it because as long as they hold the keys to the kingdom and provide whatever content they make people believe they need, people will continue to buy it and support it, despite the fact that some people say otherwise.

You want this industry to clean up it's act then stop supporting bad behavior.

It really is that ****en simple.

Yeah, you're saying a whole bunch of crap which is effectively asking for games to have free content provided to you after launch. Sorry, if you pay for a McDonalds burger, you don't get the fries and drink for free.

Also, you keep bringing up evil corporations exploiting people for money. Weeeeell, it's a two-way street. Games have not increased in prices in over a decade - the AAA production funding definitely have. That's what started the whole DLC/season pass trend in the first place. I won't deny that there are companies out there who exploit players, but if you're pay for something that you know exactly what it comes with, you have no basis to complain. Yet here you are. If players want more support, additional content outside of the vanilla game, you have to pay for it.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 01:31   #1837
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Yeah, you're saying a whole bunch of crap which is effectively asking for games to have free content provided to you after launch. Sorry, if you pay for a McDonalds burger, you don't get the fries and drink for free.

Also, you keep bringing up evil corporations exploiting people for money. Weeeeell, it's a two-way street. Games have not increased in prices in over a decade - the AAA production funding definitely have. That's what started the whole DLC/season pass trend in the first place. I won't deny that there are companies out there who exploit players, but if you're pay for something that you know exactly what it comes with, you have no basis to complain. Yet here you are. If players want more support, additional content outside of the vanilla game, you have to pay for it.
I didn't get anything for free though, I already paid an additional $30 for all the content to be included.

Try again, your analogy is missing a key ingredient, logic.
Old 16-04-19, 01:36   #1838
Swiz19
Explorer

Quote:
I didn't get anything for free though, I already paid an additional $30 for all the content to be included.

Try again, your analogy is missing a key ingredient, logic.
And you're missing the point of my analogy. You got what you paid for. You want more? Be willing to cough up more money.

I quite clearly said you didn't get anything for free.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 01:38   #1839
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
And you're missing the point of my analogy. You got what you paid for. You want more? Be willing to cough up more money.

I quite clearly said you didn't get anything for free.
And I said that I already paid for the content. $30 is half the price of this game. There is no way in hell we've gotten $30 worth of content.

This is one of if not the most expensive season pass I've ever bought. Don't try to tell me that I want free ****. I already paid them a lot of money and I refuse to pay them a cent more for content that is supposed to be included with something called a "season pass" meaning all released extra content.
Old 16-04-19, 01:40   #1840
LateRaider
Archaeologist

edit - nvm

Last edited by LateRaider; 16-04-19 at 01:47. Reason: peas
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote