Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 15-10-12, 06:26   #1
Jami393

Default The General Pokemon Thread

Quote taken from Wikipedia
Quote:
Pokemon is a media franchise published and owned by Japanese video game company Nintendo and created by Satoshi Tajiri in 1996. Originally released as a pair of interlinkable Game Boy role-playing video games developed by Game Freak, Pokemon has since become the second-most successful and lucrative video game-based media franchise in the world, behind only Nintendo's own Mario franchise. Pokemon properties have since been merchandised into anime, manga, trading cards, toys, books, and other media. The franchise celebrated its tenth anniversary in 2006, and as of 28 May 2010, cumulative sales of the video games (including home console versions, such as the "Pikachu" Nintendo 64) have reached more than 200 million copies.[5] In November 2005, 4Kids Entertainment, which had managed the non-game related licensing of Pokemon, announced that it had agreed not to renew the Pokemon representation agreement. Pokemon USA Inc. (now The Pokemon Company International), a subsidiary of Japan's Pokemon Co., now oversees all Pokémon licensing outside of Asia.
So I know there is a thread on the new releases in the series, Black and White version 2, but I thought I would start a thread for the entire series, which includes the anime, manga, trading cards, spin off titles and anything else relating to Pokemon.

Currently I am playing Black version 1, in which I have currently got my first gym badge, and using 5 Pokemon in my party. Those Pokemon I am currently using are Oshawatt, Bayleef, Lucario, Pidove and Herdier.

Last edited by Jami393; 24-02-16 at 15:34.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-12, 06:44   #2
Shark_Blade

Yay Pokemon thread.

I think I've only ever finished Pokemon Yellow (I played the rest in bits and pieces). I look forward to Black and White 1 & 2 soon.

And yes, what is a Pokemon thread without its meme.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-12, 06:46   #3
Jami393

Anyone got Keldeo for Black and White version 1 and 2?
Old 15-10-12, 06:58   #4
Zelda master

No Keldeo was released for Black and White before the release of B&W2, but I'll be sending my Pokémon over and forth between the games, full Pokédex data!
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-12, 07:04   #5
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
No Keldeo was released for Black and White before the release of B&W2, but I'll be sending my Pokémon over and forth between the games, full Pokédex data!
My bad. But the point is did anyone get Keldeo? I did, but chose not to use it yet.
Old 15-10-12, 11:53   #6
Dia2blo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Yay Pokemon thread.

I think I've only ever finished Pokemon Yellow (I played the rest in bits and pieces). I look forward to Black and White 1 & 2 soon.

And yes, what is a Pokemon thread without its meme.

I've got about six badges on White, it's my least played Pokemon ever. (ranging from playing the originals for like hundreds of hours, to this one with about fourteen. ) Once (if) I finish it though, I might get the sequel. They need to hurry up with a 3DS game!
Dia2blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-12, 14:14   #7
ultima espio

Funny, Pokemon's been on my mind all day

I'm more of a Retro Pokemon player...Gen I-II, and remakes
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-12, 14:14   #8
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia2blo View Post

I've got about six badges on White, it's my least played Pokemon ever. (ranging from playing the originals for like hundreds of hours, to this one with about fourteen. ) Once (if) I finish it though, I might get the sequel. They need to hurry up with a 3DS game!
So your saying you have only played White for only about 14 hours, with six badges. If that is so than god you're playing it quickly, compared to me. I've done about 10 hours and haven't even got my second badge.
Old 15-10-12, 14:41   #9
Dia2blo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
So your saying you have only played White for only about 14 hours, with six badges. If that is so than god you're playing it quickly, compared to me. I've done about 10 hours and haven't even got my second badge.
Funny... I've been really taking it slow, going around and catching lots of Pokemon, talking to everyone. Maybe i'm just quick! I usually blaze through the story and then do all the extra stuff, but thought I might appreciate white more if I take it slow.
Dia2blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-12, 14:43   #10
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia2blo View Post
Funny... I've been really taking it slow, going around and catching lots of Pokemon, talking to everyone. Maybe i'm just quick! I usually blaze through the story and then do all the extra stuff, but thought I might appreciate white more if I take it slow.
To me though, that is really quick.