Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 14-09-22, 00:31   #1
charmedangelin

Default The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Thread

So people are talking about what Nintendo hinted when they said the title would give away the plot for the game. Anyone have any guesses or theories?

2019 reveal trailer

2021 teaser trailer

2022 Title reveal trailer

2023 Official Trailer #2

Last edited by charmedangelin; 09-02-23 at 16:37.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-22, 00:59   #2
Vinkula

Finally! I can't wait for this. As a massive Breath of the Wild fan I am so freaking excited! So many good games coming up
Vinkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-22, 01:09   #3
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post
Finally! I can't wait for this. As a massive Breath of the Wild fan I am so freaking excited! So many good games coming up
It's so wild to me how Zelda went from AAA Nintendo franchise to a AAAA franchise because of BotW.

I'm really curious what kind of vibe the game will give off because from the trailers it's giving off a more ominous vibe compared to BotW. It's almost like BotW's version of Majora's Mask.
Old 14-09-22, 01:14   #4
Vinkula

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
It's so wild to me how Zelda went from AAA Nintendo franchise to a AAAA franchise because of BotW.

I'm really curious what kind of vibe the game will give off because from the trailers it's giving off a more ominous vibe compared to BotW. It's almost like BotW's version of Majora's Mask.
It is. And I think BoTW reinvention was the right call on Nintendo's part. Atleast for this continuity and reincarnation of the franchise.

I think that too, when it comes to vibe, that it will be dark and Majora's Mask -ish. Loved how melancholy and touching BoTW was, emotinal too. I think ToTK will be emotional, in a different way.
Old 14-09-22, 03:21   #5
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post
It is. And I think BoTW reinvention was the right call on Nintendo's part. Atleast for this continuity and reincarnation of the franchise.

I think that too, when it comes to vibe, that it will be dark and Majora's Mask -ish. Loved how melancholy and touching BoTW was, emotinal too. I think ToTK will be emotional, in a different way.
You know something just crossed my mind. Fans have pushed the theory that Majora's Mask is all about grief. However Nintendo never really confirmed or denied it. I wonder if they actually decided to go with that kind of theme for Tears of the Kingdom.

What if Link has to go around Hyrule and help people who are suffering from grief after what was unleashed from beneath the castle. Maybe the tears are those who are grieving in different parts of Hyrule and Link has to venture around Hyrule in order to help people through their griefs which is what the tears on wall represent.
Old 14-09-22, 17:32   #6
Vinkula

Quote:
You know something just crossed my mind. Fans have pushed the theory that Majora's Mask is all about grief. However Nintendo never really confirmed or denied it. I wonder if they actually decided to go with that kind of theme for Tears of the Kingdom.

What if Link has to go around Hyrule and help people who are suffering from grief after what was unleashed from beneath the castle. Maybe the tears are those who are grieving in different parts of Hyrule and Link has to venture around Hyrule in order to help people through their griefs which is what the tears on wall represent.
I would love if the tears were the Hyrule's inhabitants ones. Could be then tied to "Rehydraded Ganon" as fans call him from the first trailer. Maybe Hyrule's grief and sadness wakes him or something .
Old 18-09-22, 20:11   #7
Chamayoo

I found the game to be VERY mysterious even though we have obvious hints.
- A world in the sky
- Link's magic hand (surprised the title name isn't about this)
- New powers : the lift, the rewind, the "pass through walls"...
- A darker universe

That is basically all. I think we will be in full discovery and be surprised by a lot of things. Can't wait !

EDIT : The tears... I think the "drop" imagery will be important?

Last edited by Chamayoo; 18-09-22 at 20:14.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-22, 22:08   #8
Vinkula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
That is basically all. I think we will be in full discovery and be surprised by a lot of things. Can't wait !
BOTW had that, surprises, especially in the world and in the lore those discoveries in the world gave us. Some, if not most, subtle. Like the Castle Town. If u didn't know that was the ruins of a busy town, u felt nothing. If u knew, seeing those ruins had an emotional impact. I hope that ToTK has similar things, no over explanations. SOME more documents would be nice though.
Old 08-02-23, 02:25   #9
charmedangelin

Nintendo is gonna hear from me if they ****ing do this. I loaded up my Nintendo account with exactly $60 because that's always what Nintendo games are. If they increase the price to $70 then I can't get this game and I'm gonna be royally pissed off.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1...udyzhh5lg&s=19
Old 08-02-23, 10:41   #10
Chamayoo

Quote:
Nintendo is gonna hear from me if they ****ing do this. I loaded up my Nintendo account with exactly $60 because that's always what Nintendo games are. If they increase the price to $70 then I can't get this game and I'm gonna be royally pissed off.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1...udyzhh5lg&s=19
Uh. Hope it's a deluxe edition or something. Always managed to buy big Nintendo games for 50€, hope I can be able again !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote