www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 23-01-19, 08:50   #71
Maverin
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhons0529 View Post
I don't even think SE wants old Lara to come back in many official forms so I doubt they'd even respond to this let alone release the pack again to make it accessible.
It's not that they hate classic Lara. They make money of her without having to spent anything on creating it or something like that (obviously). But there is probably more to it than we know, they have to pay for publishing rights or something - to get their game on steam. Steam is not a free service for them. There's also the administration which they probably see as a hassle. Since Lost Artifact is a spin-off and since not many people know about the game, it might not be profitable enough for them.

But yeah, I do find it quite sad too. It's actually a great game! Just ignoring it, only to let it vanish as if it never existed is not what this game deserves.
Old 23-01-19, 09:01   #72
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
It's not that they hate classic Lara. They make money of her without having to spent anything on creating it or something like that (obviously). But there is probably more to it than we know, they have to pay for publishing rights or something - to get their game on steam. Steam is not a free service for them. There's also the administration which they probably see as a hassle. Since Lost Artifact is a spin-off and since not many people know about the game, it might not be profitable enough for them.

But yeah, I do find it quite sad too. It's actually a great game! Just ignoring it, only to let it vanish as if it never existed is not what this game deserves.
Honestly they don't care at all about this game. It's been abandoned for many years, I don't think anyone will care if we were allowed to share the game files.

Justin, any news or insight in this? It won't be long before getting even a disk of this game will be virtually impossible. Especially with technology going diskless.

We should provide a way for people to get the files and if anyone has a problem with it then let them say they have it and we could go from there.

But we need the green light first. It doesn't even need to be hosted on TRF if anyone is worried about copy right, like I said, I don't think anyone even cares.
Old 23-01-19, 15:35   #73
tlr online
Administrator

I'm working on this. Please be patient.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote