Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 08-12-18, 14:05   #11
tomee

Yeah, I think Mileena is going to skip this one sadly. Technically her arcade ending would allow her to return, but the writers always cherry pick when an arcade ending is canon and when it isn't. I've read several supposed leaks that all say she's not going to be in the game.

Bummer, cus I really wanted all 4 Edenian female ninjas in the game - Kitana, Jade, Mileena and Tanya.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 14:08   #12
Yeauxleaux

Shame. I'm going to miss her "delicious..." and "lovely!!!" chants hahaha

I loved her MK10 design as well with the armor and jewellery. Her hair looked like a little girl who had attacked it with a pair of scissors while her parents weren't looking, and it suited her so perfectly hahah

I can't wait to see the new character designs for this game

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 08-12-18 at 14:11.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 14:15   #13
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I'd rather rap than that screaming death ****, but yeah I don't think the music fit that well.
Sis, not all metal is about screeching in an attempt of summon C'thulu. Death Metal is only a subgenre.
Old 08-12-18, 14:36   #14
redfox45

The screens are looking a little more colourful than MKX which is definitely a good thing.

I completely skipped MKX because everything about it looked so muddy and washed out it may as well have been in black and white. Yuck, hated the look of that game.

And Scorpion with regular eyes is DEFINITELY best timeline

Though I still look at the faces of the Ninjas and Johnny Cage and think "fake, he doesn't look anything like Daniel Pesina!" lol

Last edited by tlr online; 08-12-18 at 15:48. Reason: Images removed. See FAQ on posting images.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 14:57   #15
Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Shame. I'm going to miss her "delicious..." and "lovely!!!" chants hahaha

I loved her MK10 design as well with the armor and jewellery. Her hair looked like a little girl who had attacked it with a pair of scissors while her parents weren't looking, and it suited her so perfectly hahah

I can't wait to see the new character designs for this game
I'll be so sad if she's not in there. imo kitana and mileena are must haves just like scorpion and subzero. Mileena is such a unique character too. The other ninja females are nice but they are just edenian women with no crazy unique personality or characteristics like mileena. She's one of a kind!

And i agree I LOVED her MKX design. Her hair was amazing and I liked the new take on her tartarkan teeth. I just recently got this statue but haven't opened it yet.

So some screens have leaked?
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 15:12   #16
Tyrannosaurus

I'm actually hoping for the return of Sheeva and Baraka, provided they are actually playable in story mode. The same would be nice of Reptile, too.
Tyrannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 16:26   #17
ActuallyArlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Yeah, it didn't fit at all.
It was slow and took away from the energy. Some say it's because it's rap and instead they should've had some metal music, but I think rap can work too, it just needs to be better than this. The MKX trailer showed that.

Thank you for properly linking the video , I couldn't get it it it to work afrer a few public tries

Last edited by ActuallyArlow; 08-12-18 at 16:27.
ActuallyArlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 16:28   #18
CroftManiac05

They picked the worst song for the trailer. No music at all could work just fine.
Still hyped though

Tanya,Mileena,Cassie and Takeda were my favorite in MKX .
Can't wait for Cassie to roast everyone in MK11.
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 16:49   #19
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
And i agree I LOVED her MKX design. Her hair was amazing and I liked the new take on her tartarkan teeth. I just recently got this statue but haven't opened it yet.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vSJESSi.jpg[IMG]

So some screens have leaked?
Jealous! That statue is so perfect I love it haha. I feel like I see some influence from her stylised MK9 body proportions on it, but with her way cooler MKX outfit, I like that mix.

Also yeah the teeth looked cool in MKX, not quite as freaky but a bit more "believable" and detailed I guess?
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 17:12   #20
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
The screens are looking a little more colourful than MKX which is definitely a good thing.

I completely skipped MKX because everything about it looked so muddy and washed out it may as well have been in black and white. Yuck, hated the look of that game.
Interesting you would say that. While I do agree MKX was slightly desaturated compared to MK8, I feel like it still looked visually much nicer. The Jinsei Chamber and The Pit are two of my favourite stages and I think they look gorgeous visually. They also made tremendous strides in rendering character skin and details in their faces. The characters in MK9 looked so waxy and mannequin-like.