Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 21-03-18, 13:49   #1071
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian666 View Post
What's wrong with it? Better than the art they teased for the next run of comics for SOTTR.
Personally I think that it's not the artist's best work character wise and that doesn't fit Tomb Raider that much, although the art in the environments is great. Much better prefer the art for the the comics leading to rise, especially because I really liked the finished art in the comics Sevy already worked on.

But the best artist we had for the reboot comics was Delis Santacruz, who made the art for the first half of the 2nd arc and for the whole 3rd arc of the pre-RotTR comics.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 00:12   #1072
Ian666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Personally I think that it's not the artist's best work character wise and that doesn't fit Tomb Raider that much, although the art in the environments is great. Much better prefer the art for the the comics leading to rise, especially because I really liked the finished art in the comics Sevy already worked on.

But the best artist we had for the reboot comics was Delis Santacruz, who made the art for the first half of the 2nd arc and for the whole 3rd arc of the pre-RotTR comics.
Oh, I don't follow comic artists or writers to be honest so know nothing about who they are, just liked this TR series a bit, they've all be decent though.
Ian666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 04:46   #1073
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian666 View Post
Oh, I don't follow comic artists or writers to be honest so know nothing about who they are, just liked this TR series a bit, they've all be decent though.
Yeah this arc really has been good so far. I’m loving where the story is going
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 13:25   #1074
Nausinous

I'm really confused as to which order to buy the comic compendiums. Any help?

Last edited by Nausinous; 22-03-18 at 13:27.
Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 14:52   #1075
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausinous View Post
I'm really confused as to which order to buy the comic compendiums. Any help?
Just for the Reboot comics? If so, the order is the following:
  • Season of the Witch (don't bother, it's crap);
  • Secrets and Lies
  • Queen of Serpents
  • Spore
  • Choice and Sacrifice
  • Survivor's Cruzade (Still ongoing, the collected version will be released on August)
  • Inferno (run will start on June)

The first 3 are from the comics between TReboot and RotTR. They are also included on the Library Edition. The last four occur between RotTR and SotTR.

Also, trust me when I say to not bother with Season of the Witch. Not only it has a ridiculous story, the only semi-important thing that happens is that Lara finds a watch that belonged to Alex. Still can't believe it was Gail Simone who wrote that...
Old 22-03-18, 15:46   #1076
Nausinous

Would these 3 be the collection of all of them? Obviously, the last one doesn't come out until August.

Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 15:55   #1077
James_Rutland

I assume vol. 4 will be the Inferno comics then Volume 2 of the Library Edition will be all 4 post-rise volumes
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 16:10   #1078
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausinous View Post
Would these 3 be the collection of all of them? Obviously, the last one doesn't come out until August.

Those are just the post RotTR comics. If you also want the comics between TReboot and RotTR, you can get the library edition or the individual volumes (their names are on my previous post).

Also mind that the collection of the "Survivor's Crusade" will only come out in August, and that you still have the "Inferno" arc, where individual comics start being released on June, with the volume collecting all issues most probably coming during November or December.
Old 25-03-18, 20:06   #1079
TombRaider2013

Do you think the comics wil continue after sottr? Hopefully there womt be a hiatus...
TombRaider2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-18, 22:19   #1080
Portugalraider

I think it will depend on how they will tackle the franchise after the "Origin Trilogy" ends, meaning if they intend to release the next game in the next 3 years or if they want to take a bit more time to better figure stuff out, if they don't have those next steps planned already.

If the game is released in 2 to 3 years, I think we'll get new comics rather soon. Early 2019 I think.

If they end up taking more time to develop the game, who knows. I think maybe six months after they announce the game, to keep interest in the franchise up, and better set what Lara has been up too. Or maybe they make a graphic novel similar to "Tomb Raider: The Beginning" and release it near that game's launch. Or maybe they'll still begin a comic run in early 2019 and keep it more or less steady up until the release of the next game. All strategies are valid, so who knows?

But I do wish they keep making these comics, as I am quite enjoying most of them