Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 29-03-18, 06:51   #1091
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
Derlis Santacruz's art was AMAZING! I would be 100% on board for him to draw for Tomb Raider again.
Derlis's art was my favourite.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-18, 09:47   #1092
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Derlis's art was my favourite.
Same here, though some of his art was held back by some shoddy colour work, which is a shame. His were definitely the comics with best pencils and inks
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-18, 07:48   #1093
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Same here, though some of his art was held back by some shoddy colour work, which is a shame. His were definitely the comics with best pencils and inks
I never thought any of the art was particularly bad in the reboot series. Ashley A. Woods seems to be doing her worst with the current one though. Her art is usually incredible. Just look at Niobe: She is life. It's weird because some pages have really good art while others look very weird and phoned in. Maybe it was because of deadlines? I don't know.

I'd really like to see Derlis Santacruz make a return. His art can look incredible with the right colorists. Phillip Sevy seems to be doing a good job with the inferno series. His sneak peaks display some really good art.

Last edited by biscuits; 30-03-18 at 13:47.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-18, 22:58   #1094
Richard_Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
^
Do you buy them online, or is there any place in Portugal in which we can buy them? I'm tempted to buy the Library Volume 1 to start
We have quite a few comic book stores in the country which I'm sure are selling the new comics. I at least know one in Lisbon that does
Were do you live, if you don't mind me asking? I can try and find out if there is one near you! Shoot me a message on facebook at my fansite page (The Croft Tomb) if you want
Richard_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-18, 09:27   #1095
Ian666

The only problem I have with these comics is the damn covers, I mean does Lara not have any other clothes other than the tank top and pants? We had 20 covers in a row with that look... I'm over it.
Ian666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-18, 16:11   #1096
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian666 View Post
The only problem I have with these comics is the damn covers, I mean does Lara not have any other clothes other than the tank top and pants? We had 20 covers in a row with that look... I'm over it.
Lara definitely doesn’t always have a tank top on all the covers
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-18, 22:40   #1097
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Croft View Post
We have quite a few comic book stores in the country which I'm sure are selling the new comics. I at least know one in Lisbon that does
Were do you live, if you don't mind me asking? I can try and find out if there is one near you! Shoot me a message on facebook at my fansite page (The Croft Tomb) if you want
Coimbra!
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 15:30   #1098
Ian666

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Lara definitely doesn’t always have a tank top on all the covers
I guess your right, only %99.9999 of them
Ian666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 17:18   #1099
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian666 View Post
I guess your right, only %99.9999 of them
In the 35 revealed covers of the reboot Tomb Raider comics, Lara didn't wore the tank top on 14. That's 40% of the covers.

Besides, tank top and pants is the signature look of Reboot Lara, so what's the problem here? It would be like complaining Batman is wearing the Batman costume in all of his covers... :/
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 17:37   #1100
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
In the 35 revealed covers of the reboot Tomb Raider comics, Lara didn't wore the tank top on 14. That's 40% of the covers.

Besides, tank top and pants is the signature look of Reboot Lara, so what's the problem here? It would be like complaining Batman is wearing the Batman costume in all of his covers... :/
Right lol. She does wear it most of the time, but they are different tops, etc.
As if our dear classic Lara didn't wear a tank top and shorts in every single game lol. I guess it's just so people will know it's her
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote