Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 29-04-18, 08:45   #1171
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
Where is the best place to buy the comics?
Have you tried using itunes?
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-18, 11:06   #1172
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Have you tried using itunes?
What about physically?
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-18, 11:19   #1173
biscuits

Quote:
What about physically?
Have you tried checking your local comic store or library? I don't know any specific names sorry
I do warn you tho, the first arc is pretty bad. Everything gets MUCH better once Rhianna Pratchett steps in with the second arc.
I'm sure people find it annoying how often I mention the comics, but I feel like those nailed Reboot Lara's characterisation better than the games do. The comics made me love the reboot character more than I already did in the first reboot game.

Last edited by biscuits; 29-04-18 at 11:20.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-18, 12:42   #1174
Portugalraider

Quote:
What about physically?
If your local comic store doesn't have them, you can at least buy the collected volumes from Amazon
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-18, 17:50   #1175
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Have you tried checking your local comic store or library? I don't know any specific names sorry
I do warn you tho, the first arc is pretty bad. Everything gets MUCH better once Rhianna Pratchett steps in with the second arc.
I'm sure people find it annoying how often I mention the comics, but I feel like those nailed Reboot Lara's characterisation better than the games do. The comics made me love the reboot character more than I already did in the first reboot game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
If your local comic store doesn't have them, you can at least buy the collected volumes from Amazon
Thanks guys.

I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever even seen a comic book store here. I'll have a look on Amazon, if all else fails I can just get them digitally.
Old 29-04-18, 19:05   #1176
Portugalraider

Quote:
Thanks guys.

I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever even seen a comic book store here. I'll have a look on Amazon, if all else fails I can just get them digitally.
One advice: unless you buy the Library Edition (which gathers all comics between TReboot and RotTR), don't bother spending you money with the first volume aka "Season of the Witch". It's crap.

All others are great though, even if the art in the "Survivor's Crusade" is questionable
Old 29-04-18, 20:10   #1177
Linoshi Croft

Right, I'm a little confused. What makes up this edition? It doesn't seem very clear. Alternatively, I can get this, is this all the current comics up to date?

What would you guys say is the best thing to do?
Old 29-04-18, 22:20   #1178
Portugalraider

Quote:
Right, I'm a little confused. What makes up this edition? It doesn't seem very clear. Alternatively, I can get this, is this all the current comics up to date?

What would you guys say is the best thing to do?
The Library Edition collects the prequel comic to TReboot "The beginning" and the first three volumes (the ones in the picture you sent), set between TReboot and RotTR: "Season of the Witch", "Secrets and Lies" and "Queen of Serpents".

Those are not all the available comics, though. There are still the newer comics, set between RotTR and SotTR. Those are "Spore" and "Choice and Sacrifice", which are already available as their own collected volumes, "Survivor's Crusade", which recently ended its run and will be available as a collected volume in August, and "Inferno", which will start at June 13.
Old 30-04-18, 09:12   #1179
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
The Library Edition collects the prequel comic to TReboot "The beginning" and the first three volumes (the ones in the picture you sent), set between TReboot and RotTR: "Season of the Witch", "Secrets and Lies" and "Queen of Serpents".

Those are not all the available comics, though. There are still the newer comics, set between RotTR and SotTR. Those are "Spore" and "Choice and Sacrifice", which are already available as their own collected volumes, "Survivor's Crusade", which recently ended its run and will be available as a collected volume in August, and "Inferno", which will start at June 13.
Right, so it's probably the best idea to get the library edition, then catch up on the current ones? I think I'd probably get the newer ones digitally as they're quite cheap and buy the next library edition when they release it (I hope they do one).

EDIT: Huh, why on earth is the digital library edition £1.49 but the physical is over £30.00...that doesn't seem right.

Last edited by Linoshi Croft; 30-04-18 at 09:47.
Old 30-04-18, 10:31   #1180
Portugalraider

Quote:
Right, so it's probably the best idea to get the library edition, then catch up on the current ones? I think I'd probably get the newer ones digitally as they're quite cheap and buy the next library edition when they release it (I hope they do one).

EDIT: Huh, why on earth is the digital library edition £1.49 but the physical is over £30.00...that doesn't seem right.
Yeah, that price doesn't sound right at all... :/