Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 30-06-19, 14:32   #1571
TrustyBow

What would be the difference between the two? I think the library edition has the prequel comic but besides that it has everything that the omnibus has, right?

Regardless, I can't wait to buy the omnibus! I read the series digitally, but I want an actual physical copy.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-19, 15:23   #1572
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
What would be the difference between the two? I think the library edition has the prequel comic but besides that it has everything that the omnibus has, right?

Regardless, I can't wait to buy the omnibus! I read the series digitally, but I want an actual physical copy.
Library edition is hardcover, the Omnibus softcover. Content wise they are the same, but hardcover books tend to be of higher quality
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-19, 11:48   #1573
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Library edition is hardcover, the Omnibus softcover. Content wise they are the same, but hardcover books tend to be of higher quality
Ah, thanks! I'll definitely be picking up the Library edition then.
Old 11-09-19, 10:04   #1574
Portugalraider

Well Dark Horses solicitations have the second Omnibus for November (will get link in here when I can).

I think this part isn't news, but the discretion might be

Quote:
The second and final omnibus volume in this series, this collection is jam-packed with over 480 pages of material. This omnibus collects issues #1–#12 of Dark Horse’s 2016 Tomb Raider Volume 2 series, as well as the most recent Tomb Raider: Survivor’s Crusade and Tomb Raider: Inferno complete story arcs.
Guess this really is the end for the comics for now. Considering CD/EM might be still figuring out how to move forward with the franchise and these comics are canon to the reboot continuity, it is expected, even if still sad. Hopefully we can get more in the future.

And hopefully the games can take a cue or two from the narrative tone of these comics as well.
Old 11-09-19, 13:23   #1575
Rai

Well, the origin trilogy ended with Shadow, it kinda makes sense that this particular run of comics as tie-ins to the trilogy would also end.

I believe the Reboot-verse/timeline will continue, but with standalone stories (it's been hinted at in articles). Maybe SE/CD are deciding whether to continue the comic tie-ins. I don't know how popular they were. And yeah, until there's even an indication of what's next with the games, there's not going to be news on any future comics for a while either.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 13:42   #1576
Portugalraider

A shame really. The comics were really good for filling the gap between the games. This waiting period will feel even more scarce without them. Oh well, at least we are bond to have news about the movie, I guess.

And I do hope they continue with the comics in the future. Besides Season of the Witch, they were quite nice.
Old 11-09-19, 14:39   #1577
Grizzly Bear

The official Dark Horse website says it's going to be released on January 2020
https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/3005...s-Volume-2-TPB

I'm confused about the November thing, will it be released earlier?
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 16:04   #1578
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
The official Dark Horse website says it's going to be released on January 2020
https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/3005...s-Volume-2-TPB

I'm confused about the November thing, will it be released earlier?
Oh yes, you're right. For some reason it is included in the November solicitations, but it also says there it is coming on January 1st.

It will definitely be a happy new year
Old 11-09-19, 16:14   #1579
TrustyBow

Hmm, I figured they'd want to continue the comics more so now than before, with the movie announcement. The comic books would be a great way to continue to generate hype.

I think at the very least, we'll get a prequel comic book for the movie. It's possible that they're putting the reboot comic in hiatus so they can make a mini series for the movie. If that's the case, they'll probably bring back the comics when the next game is announced.
Old 11-09-19, 16:52   #1580
Grizzly Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Oh yes, you're right. For some reason it is included in the November solicitations, but it also says there it is coming on January 1st.

It will definitely be a happy new year
Thanks for clarifying!

By the way, I'm really curious about how this edition looks.
I have the library edition for the comics after TR13 but it looks like I will have to buy this softcover edition since they've probably decided not to make an hardcover format for the latest comics... I just hope it won't be too "fragile"...
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote