Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 06-12-15, 13:01   #71
Rai

I think it would be helpful if the OP had more info added to it. Cover art, synopsis, writer, artist etc, rather than relying on links. People like to see this stuff easily and clearly as a reference. I'm not saying it has to be exactly like the thread for the post TR'13 comics, but some extra info would be appreciated. .
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 14:11   #72
Heidi_w_

^ Better?
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 14:14   #73
Rai

Much. Thanks .
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 14:16   #74
scremanie

I like how they seem to keep that outfit as a continuous thing. Like how the "classic" outfit was Lara's iconic outfit, the TReboot outfit is now her iconic outfit. Very good.
scremanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 15:38   #75
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
The next time they go desert-y in a TR game (be it in the third or the fourth game) it's time for Egypt to make a comback.
YASS ! And make the whole game there

Quote:
Originally Posted by scremanie View Post
I like how they seem to keep that outfit as a continuous thing. Like how the "classic" outfit was Lara's iconic outfit, the TReboot outfit is now her iconic outfit. Very good.
Yep , I like that . I also like that they're keeping the necklace too
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 16:10   #76
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesBorn View Post
I wish they would let go from the "human element" stuff, they've been saying that **** from the day Reboot was announced, and now it's become more repetitive than Karl Stewart's "zero to hero".
AND PLEASE CAN WE LOSE LARA'S FRIENDS, FAMILY, PETS, etc? That's why she needs to be alone - that way there's nothing for her adversaries to hold over her head, she should just look out for herself and no one else. There are many ways to develop her as a character and a TOMB RAIDER without all the pointless interpersonal drama and her having to rescue her helpless friends time and time again.
I was okay with that in Reboot, and the inclusion of Jonah was pretty minimal in ROTTR (although I went Sam's menstruation), but two games are enough.
Hopefully, this will become the case as the comics continue.
Please get real: ain't gonna happen, especially in the comics. They would be boring as **** if it was only Lara narrating to herself. Even in the classic comics Lara had friends (and enemies) she would frequently interact and they were better for that.

Besides, the comics already introduced two awesome characters I hope they become regulars, even in the games: Kaz and the Queen of Serpents! Hell, if Lara is really going to Mexico in the next game, I seriously hope that Las Serpientes que Caminan make some kind of appearance!
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 21:39   #77
AshesBorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Please get real: ain't gonna happen, especially in the comics. They would be boring as **** if it was only Lara narrating to herself.[/COLOR]
I never said there should be no interactions between Lara and other characters. She can have allies and talk as much as she wants, but by now she should have realized that getting attached to people and taking her friends along for the ride puts everyone in danger and complicates things.
I specifically said: "There are many ways to develop her as a character and a TOMB RAIDER without all the pointless interpersonal drama and her having to rescue her helpless friends time and time again." She should look out for herself, not others. Instead of being about the adventure, the focus is often shifted to personal stuff.

Last edited by AshesBorn; 07-12-15 at 10:00.
AshesBorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-15, 00:45   #78
Lyle Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by scremanie View Post
Same! I like to refer to this TReboot Outfit as the Neo-Classic outfit. It's reminiscent of the classic outfit, but modernised.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-15, 23:32   #79
jackoimina

I read all the comics and the novel but I can't quite remember: did Sam get rid of Himikos persona inside her? Bc if she didn't that whole storyline could come back in the next comics. And unfortunately, it fits withing the 'immortality' theme of course...
jackoimina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-15, 23:39   #80
Heidi_w_

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoimina View Post
I read all the comics and the novel but I can't quite remember: did Sam get rid of Himikos persona inside her? Bc if she didn't that whole storyline could come back in the next comics. And unfortunately, it fits withing the 'immortality' theme of course...
Nope. In fact Himiko was exerting an ever greater influence on her during the course of the story.

Sam's attack on an innocent bystander (which landed her in jail) was entirely Himiko-driven, so this is still a plotline that needs resolution. I'm curious to see if there's anything Lara comes across in Rise that will help her, whether artifacts or insight.
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote