www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 24-10-19, 12:07   #19471
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Gonna sound SO noobish, but I'm struggling.

I have a puzzle item in slot 10 - and at the moment it is missing a name (displays as Load)

I added PUZZLE = 10, Gemstone.. etc etc into the Script file for the level block.. but I cannot seem to find anything in English script for it..
therefore NGCentre does nothing..
What am I missing
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-19, 12:52   #19472
Titak

All you have to do is replace an unused name in the english.txt with Gemstone.
Old 24-10-19, 13:19   #19473
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
All you have to do is replace an unused name in the english.txt with Gemstone.
Derp lol thanks

I think my issue was I renamed something in my WAD which I never actually used (another gemstone from tr4's final build) and this causes the issue
Old 24-10-19, 17:05   #19474
dinne
Archaeologist

I have an issue with the sounds of the motorbike.
It's buggy... For example, when she starts the bike, that sound sometimes is played, sometimes it isn't (but in the Sounds file, there isn't an CH value and it's the same if I use CH99). And the general sounds of the bike (like, idle, accelerating etc) are laggy, with interruptions, like pr pt tp rp tp pt pt rppr rp, instead of a continuous sound.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-19, 18:19   #19475
Mulf
Archaeologist

Sorry, can't really help with the problem (other than suggest you recompile the .SAM and .SFX files, but you've probably done that already), but I must say you've rendered the problematic sound as effectively as charmingly.
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-19, 18:41   #19476
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Another silly question .. sorry

So I made some co-ordinates and used them for the level loading screen for my level..
However, it only shows after I finish the level (before kicking me back to main menu) and it doesn't show before the level (which is what I intended)
Instead it shows the generic TR4 egypt loading screen (from Times Exclusive)

Last edited by dcw123; 24-10-19 at 18:59.
Old 24-10-19, 19:26   #19477
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Another silly question .. sorry

So I made some co-ordinates and used them for the level loading screen for my level..
However, it only shows after I finish the level (before kicking me back to main menu) and it doesn't show before the level (which is what I intended)
Instead it shows the generic TR4 egypt loading screen (from Times Exclusive)
It's because when you start a new game or load a game, it uses the loadscreen from the title.tr4 level.
As it shows a part of the level it can't show it to you because it's not loaded yet (I guess).
You can't change that I think unless you make an extra room in the title.TR4 that looks like the one from your level ?
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-19, 19:30   #19478
Mulf
Archaeologist

Well...the loading screen always shows an image of the level that has been loaded, according to the load screen coordinates for that level; not of the one that is in the process of being loaded.
So in order to change the image that shows while your level is loading, you'll have to change the load screen coordinates for the preceding level, in this case, the title. If that image is supposed to be a screen of your own level, you need to replace the title.tr4 with a copy of your own level (and make a new title flyby), or copy-and-paste the relevant parts of your own level into the existing title.

Last edited by Mulf; 24-10-19 at 19:33.
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-19, 19:48   #19479
dcw123
Relic Hunter

I see..
Its nothing major really - I might use the NGLE function instead and load a picture instead (like tr1-3)

I'm also having a minor issue with inventory positions and the items revolving when Lara picks an item up.
I have a gemstone but the coordinates are all messy.
The inventory doesn't even show it at all (it must be upwards offscreen?)
And when it is picked up, the item is showing, but it spins wildly on an orbit and goes off the screen (instead of spinning on the spot)

I tried looking at the tutorial on here but its far to complex for me to understand.
I tried random number changes to see if I could get any idea on its position - but so far the only thing that kind of worked was moving it further away

It is an item which Lara pries off the wall, so it starts it position on the wall and it is off center (when I used WADmerger to check position like in tutorial)
Old 24-10-19, 19:55   #19480
LoreRaider
Archaeologist

^Perhaps it's an object you grab from a wall? If so, the last coordinate field needs to be "$000a"