Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 04-10-19, 09:14   #11
Tyrannosaurus

I remember when her marital status was "single" and not "virgin". Where'd you get that one from?
Tyrannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 18:04   #12
boleklo_lo

Most of Pages told me, that her martial status was virgin, I thought she is single too
boleklo_lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 19:56   #13
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Yeah...

My memory’s a little vague. IIRC, Lara was going to be an experimental mutant with Nephilim blood running through her veins, made by the Cabal themselves. She somehow replaced the place of the Crofts’ real baby. Kurtis was also a nephilim and fate was going to make them cross paths in 2003. So cringey, I know... But I may be wrong on some things. There’s design documents from the lead writer of AoD somewhere here on the forums mentioning these...
They were also going to link the Atlanteans to the Nephilims. I agree, the idea of Lara being a superhuman mutant is just cringe. Im glad they didnt follow through.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 20:44   #14
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
They were also going to link the Atlanteans to the Nephilims. I agree, the idea of Lara being a superhuman mutant is just cringe. Im glad they didnt follow through.
While I adore AoD to death, I’m not sure if I would have liked its sequel (An unpopular opinion, I know )... I don’t think Murti Schofield really understood TR. At least Jill Murray understood it, but had it executed badly...
_______

I just realized it. There’s no biographies for other ‘in-between’ Laras (Anniversary, Rise, Shadow) in the OP. It would have been nice.... ^.^
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 00:11   #15
ChocolateFan

In the file file A-SMALL SHARE May 2013/ECK NEPHILIM-5Aa.doc, from the AOD beta documents, which you can download here: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=211730, this idea is considered:
The long term story arc for both Kurtis and Lara would be fascinating to explore if they were the contemporary results of some obscure branch of Eckhardt’s breeding community experiments from the 1300s. It would explain some of their outstanding qualities and drives. Obviously the Lux Veritatis and other family trees could believably have ties with improved bloodlines branching off from Eckhardt’s improved humans experimentation.

[...]

Lara too could easily be a twentieth century product of a family line with roots deep in the dark days of medieval genetic transmogrification. Ironic eh. Good plot material though.
In this interview: https://tomb-of-ash.tumblr.com/post/...el-of-darkness, Murti Schofield (the writer of the Angel of Darkness) told more about it:
I read somewhere in your notes that there is a possibility that Lara and Kurtis have their extraordinary physical abilities because they come from Eckhardt’s genetically engineered generation of people

Hm, yes, that’s very true. How strange because I’ve hinted at this in various documents and is something I wanted, and still want, to say a great deal more about. In fact, I was also reading that document the other day. My idea of Lara and Kurtis is that they do come from unusual bloodlines. I began by thinking hard what would motivate someone in Lara’s position to do the things that she does. What would have influenced her life choices at a more profound level than simply the urge to go adventuring and shooting everything that crosses her path. I wanted to look into the inner darkness that could be driving her. I felt like there must be some deep, shadowy part of her past, as yet to be disclosed, which might link her to some ancient historic forces that have been battling in the shadows of a mythic and recorded history. That became the starting point of taking Cappadocia and angelic myths and the idea of ancient beings that might possibly be linked to her own genetic past.
That said, I am also glad that it got scrapped.

*Von Croy voice* I was never a believer in this magical hocus pocus...
ChocolateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 20:23   #16
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateFan View Post
Murti Schofield (the writer of the Angel of Darkness) told more about it:
Hm, yes, that’s very true. How strange because I’ve hinted at this in various documents and is something I wanted, and still want, to say a great deal more about. In fact, I was also reading that document the other day. My idea of Lara and Kurtis is that they do come from unusual bloodlines. I began by thinking hard what would motivate someone in Lara’s position to do the things that she does. What would have influenced her life choices at a more profound level than simply the urge to go adventuring and shooting everything that crosses her path. I wanted to look into the inner darkness that could be driving her. I felt like there must be some deep, shadowy part of her past, as yet to be disclosed, which might link her to some ancient historic forces that have been battling in the shadows of a mythic and recorded history. That became the starting point of taking Cappadocia and angelic myths and the idea of ancient beings that might possibly be linked to her own genetic past.
*TR4 Lara voice* Barking mad! >.<
Old 07-10-19, 08:01   #17
TR-Freak
Unverified

Lara being a descendant of Nephilim doesnt make sense.
They were meant to be extinct and yet there is a full bloodline of Nephili
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 20:16   #18
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
Lara being a descendant of Nephilim doesnt make sense.
They were meant to be extinct and yet there is a full bloodline of Nephili
Yeah if they decided to keep it in an AOD sequel I wouldn't like that plot point.

Other humans in TR have slightly above-normal ablilites, Pierre and Larson's resistance to injury for instance.

Are they all Nephili too?

Also because I'm biased towards hating anything where the main characters powers are due to genetics because I feel its lazy.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 21:22   #19
Daft Raider
Inactive

Huh... it doesn't sound terrible. I think it would've been an interesting way to show Eckhart's ripple effect throughout time. I don't think it's very fitting for Lara, I don't really care for all of her special abilities to be explained away by dark alchemy in the 1300's.

I do think it would be a cool concept for something else though.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 22:13   #20
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
Huh... it doesn't sound terrible. I think it would've been an interesting way to show Eckhart's ripple effect throughout time. I don't think it's very fitting for Lara, I don't really care for all of her special abilities to be explained away by dark alchemy in the 1300's.

I do think it would be a cool concept for something else though.
It would have worked for Kurtis, I guess. But for Lara? A big no-no...