Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 18-06-20, 07:37   #71
jackraider
Inactive

It's very impressive, but I agree that it's a bit too RISE mixed with fantasy. It's just a tech-demo, so I wouldn't expect the next TR game to really play out like the Reboot Trilogy. Something new would be ideal.
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-20, 08:16   #72
jackoimina

Considering it came out in 2015 Rise looks impressive still. And this is not too far from what we've seen on ps4 already, have you played Lost Legacy, GoW, Death Stranding? I did think of TR imediatelly when I saw this demo for the first time but I also thought that this i probably the first time we are switching to a new console and the graphics (how good a game LOOKS) isn't that much better than previous gen (ps4), the focus is more on performance and how quickly all the textures and all the huge enviroments are able to load etc. So yeah it's stunning and can't wait to get my hands on PS5 but for TR - they are already stunning games to look at. CD (or preferrably EM imo) should improve other aspects of their TR games
jackoimina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-20, 08:37   #73
jackraider
Inactive

I don't think Square should focus on RISE-like gameplay. Looks dated at this point, but this Unreal tech demo was putting more emphasis on visuals obviously.
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote