www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 06-06-19, 10:23   #21
killchan
Explorer

slo-mo needs to go entirely and more traps placed one after another need to come back.
Old 07-06-19, 01:47   #22
Boobandie
Professor

Traps should be tough (very little time to dodge) but fair (if you're observant you can either prepare for them or avoid them entirely).

A slowdown shouldn't be needed if your traps fit this criteria.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 02:26   #23
veigafd
Archaeologist

Imo it should be like this: It's either visible and you need to dodge perfectly or it isn't visible but you have like one second to jump or roll.
I might say that the dlc's traps are better hidden than the ones in the main campaign, and they used some of them in a row, I could pretty much die for one of those, but of course, the slowdown saved me.
Old 09-06-19, 01:55   #24
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by veigafd View Post
Imo it should be like this: It's either visible and you need to dodge perfectly or it isn't visible but you have like one second to jump or roll.
I might say that the dlc's traps are better hidden than the ones in the main campaign, and they used some of them in a row, I could pretty much die for one of those, but of course, the slowdown saved me.
There was only one trap I actually died from throughout the entire game and it was in one of the DLCs. It was a pit of spikes RIGHT after a set of spikes that stick out of the wall. I cut the rope and set off the first spikes, rolled under them thinking I was clever and in the clear and rolled right into the spike pit like

I was really surprised and actually happy that I died from a trap.

We need more trickery, more devious traps that keep us on our toes, and if we're not paying attention we should be punished for it. We shouldn't have our hands held with gigantic windows of time to avoid them and they shouldn't have huge give aways and sign postings all over them either.
Old 13-06-19, 18:28   #25
DragonDan
Archaeologist

I came here to comment on a different slowdown, but to that in a bit.

The idea of the slowdown isn't bad to me, when faced with a sudden death situation, your mind does go into overdrive. Wasn't there a mythbusters about being able to read digits from a LED screen while falling into a net? The idea is that the numbers flast too fast when you are calm to see, but they could recite them after the high-dive into a net.

I was thinking of the slow-down that happens when Lara goes through bushes or shimmies through rock gaps. Especially in the last couple games, there were several seconds of no control while the animation ran it's course.