www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 14-06-19, 18:45   #30731
robm_2007
Legend

Seems a bit too premature, since REmake2 barely came out in Jan. I was hoping for single-player player DLC, though. Weapons, skins, outfits, randomized item/enemy placements, etc. But not even that!
Old 14-06-19, 19:27   #30732
TrustyBow
Professor

Yeah I wasn't really expecting anything this soon. Definitely next year's E3 though. Do you all think we'll get an announcement for R3make or RE8? I feel like R3make would take a bit more time. I would assume they didn't start working on it until after RE2make, whereas I'm sure RE8 has been cooking for a while.
Old 14-06-19, 23:39   #30733
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

RE8 is the game I am least interested in at the moment, imo it would be a bad move to focus on the unwanted RE8 while what people really want and actually expect (R3make) is put on hold. No thanks! Release RE3 remake and after that we can have RE8. After RE8 we should get RE Code Veronica Remake and a RE Revelations 3.
Old 14-06-19, 23:46   #30734
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

I donít want Capcom to get stuck in a rut where people are only interested in them doing remakes. Iím happy for them to move forward for the time being with Resident Evil 8, I want something new from them whether itís a new revelation game, a new spin-off series or the main franchise.

Halt the remakes for a bit, unless itís Dino Crisis.
Old 15-06-19, 01:14   #30735
robm_2007
Legend

I'm more interested in the remakes than main titles at this point. And I'd say we ought to get rid of the deversion with the Revelations series. It should merge with the main releases. Unlesssssss, they reserve Rev titles for new stories with classic characters (i.e., anyone from 0-6) and have 8 and beyond be new characters and maybe connections with 7.

Timeline I want to see: Remake 3, 8, RE4 gen 9 port, Revelations 3 (tie loose ends between Rev 1 and 2 together), Outbreak remake (only with scenarios not covered in RE2 or 3make: no police station, dead factory, umbrella labs, hospital, sewer facility, etc), 9,
Re4 gen 10 port, CV Remake, RE4 gen 10.5 port, Revelations 4 (new plot with neglected old characters), RE 4 gen 11 port which still uses PS2 lighting and textures.
Old 15-06-19, 13:23   #30736
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

I think they should Remake 3 while the RE2make engine still feels fresh IMO
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 23:26   #30737
rewak
Professor

I love Capcom. Talking about REmake 3 and a Dino Crisis remake being a possibility, hyping the fact they're going to E3, then announcing Switch ports of 5 + 6.

It wouldn't surprise me if DLC is still incoming, remember how long Not a Hero took? I know that delay was because they outsourced it and weren't happy with the results but Capcom don't learn quickly and the rumor was they were outsourcing all of REmake 3 so I'm not even a little surprised we've seen nothing yet. The next release announcement is probably going to be a Japan only Switch streaming version of REmake 2.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 00:00   #30738
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

I'm 100% sure Capcom are working on RE3 as we speak. Not only from rumours but also because they've struck a goldmine with RE2, they are not going to just let that slide, especially with their newly found redemption arc. Also considering how much they can borrow from RE2, it'd be foolish not to try and profit from a RE3 remake.

Also isn't RE2 more successful than RE7 was? It seems like its release was much more anticipated and talked about than RE7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
So, in the end there was no reveal neither for RE3 remake or RE8; they had been highly rumored lately so I feel a bit sad.... I won't take rumors seriously ever again.
There were no credible rumours for RE's presence in E3 though. It was all ever just speculation.

Also don't except RE8 anytime soon, there's no way it's coming for this gen.
Old 17-06-19, 08:10   #30739
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
I'm 100% sure Capcom are working on RE3 as we speak. Not only from rumours but also because they've struck a goldmine with RE2, they are not going to just let that slide, especially with their newly found redemption arc. Also considering how much they can borrow from RE2, it'd be foolish not to try and profit from a RE3 remake.

Also isn't RE2 more successful than RE7 was? It seems like its release was much more anticipated and talked about than RE7.

There were no credible rumours for RE's presence in E3 though. It was all ever just speculation.

Also don't except RE8 anytime soon, there's no way it's coming for this gen.
RE7 was announced like 6 months before release. RE2 remake was announced years before. Also, nostalgia creates hype. Its only natural that RE2 had more expectation.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 15:03   #30740
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I love Capcom. Talking about REmake 3 and a Dino Crisis remake being a possibility, hyping the fact they're going to E3, then announcing Switch ports of 5 + 6.

It wouldn't surprise me if DLC is still incoming, remember how long Not a Hero took? I know that delay was because they outsourced it and weren't happy with the results but Capcom don't learn quickly and the rumor was they were outsourcing all of REmake 3 so I'm not even a little surprised we've seen nothing yet. The next release announcement is probably going to be a Japan only Switch streaming version of REmake 2.
This.

It just seems odd that they tried to change RE's image with Remake 2 - then decide to totally go back on that with RE5 and 6 ports (AGAIN)
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote