www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 15-06-19, 18:16   #28631
Cat Woman
Explorer

I also gave Cold Darkness a go (not really into it) but might try it again. I tried Nightmares a couple of times, but got frustrated that you could not save and continue where you left off. I know “gamers” like the thrill of being able to do the complete run through.
Old 16-06-19, 23:10   #28632
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

I have tried to play Cold Darkness Awakened many times, but it just isn't for me. I hate everything about it specially the puzzle and having Nadia on headset.
Old 18-06-19, 05:55   #28633
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

I didn't think Cold Darkness was too bad. I actually liked how the puzzles were lever focused. Although I wish we could have turned off the head set and let up figure out what we needed to do.

The zombie one at Croft Manor is one I can never beat and don't really like. Would have been cool if it was some really freaky supernatural enemies.
Old 18-06-19, 09:49   #28634
johnanonymouz
Professor

What really bothered me about Cold Darkness was how annoying the enemies were. I wish there were less of them or they were less obnoxious. Cold Darkness in Co-Op would be really fun.
Old 18-06-19, 12:46   #28635
Amunet
Archaeologist

I never tried Cold Darkness Awakened...
Old 18-06-19, 19:25   #28636
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
I never tried Cold Darkness Awakened...
You aren't missing much...
Old 19-06-19, 05:29   #28637
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
What really bothered me about Cold Darkness was how annoying the enemies were. I wish there were less of them or they were less obnoxious. Cold Darkness in Co-Op would be really fun.
I agree the enemies are a bit too excessive to the point of being unbearable. The colour palette doesn't help either, I can't see what's going on most of the time... It's so grey/greenish/dark. It's hard to make out the environment and where you are supposed to be going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I didn't think Cold Darkness was too bad. I actually liked how the puzzles were lever focused. Although I wish we could have turned off the head set and let up figure out what we needed to do.

The zombie one at Croft Manor is one I can never beat and don't really like. Would have been cool if it was some really freaky supernatural enemies.
I didn't like the lever puzzles, it's funny bc I like the puzzles in TR and imo TR should always have difficult puzzles but the puzzle here is presented in such a way that seems more like a task rather than fun. I have to carefully (painfully) tolerate Nadia's usual banter since what she says is crucial to solving the hard to understand puzzle. I don't like the puzzle bc it's based on Nadia's dialogue, she is the one giving you instructions. It feels so out of place to me.

You see, It's funny bc I do enjoy The Nightmare mode for some reason lmao

I have replayed it several times and for what it is I think it's a nice side mode.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 19-06-19 at 05:30.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 14:28   #28638
Amunet
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
You aren't missing much...
Good to know.
Old 28-06-19, 02:52   #28639
Evil Doggos
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
I agree the enemies are a bit too excessive to the point of being unbearable. The colour palette doesn't help either, I can't see what's going on most of the time... It's so grey/greenish/dark. It's hard to make out the environment and where you are supposed to be going.

I didn't like the lever puzzles, it's funny bc I like the puzzles in TR and imo TR should always have difficult puzzles but the puzzle here is presented in such a way that seems more like a task rather than fun. I have to carefully (painfully) tolerate Nadia's usual banter since what she says is crucial to solving the hard to understand puzzle. I don't like the puzzle bc it's based on Nadia's dialogue, she is the one giving you instructions. It feels so out of place to me.

You see, It's funny bc I do enjoy The Nightmare mode for some reason lmao

I have replayed it several times and for what it is I think it's a nice side mode.

100% this. So glad I did not pay for this lackluster af game. It is free on gamepass. On survivor and near completion but I am losing the will to continue. First playthrough and it is easy. Near the end you get these annoying knights that could just f off. Bullet sponges. Melee mechanics are broken, damage is sometimes not even applied despite inflicting damage.

I am done playing this. Shadow is much of an improvement. Just because Rise is an improvement over 2013 does not make it good. Lame game.
Evil Doggos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-19, 09:49   #28640
Linoshi Croft
Legend

I disagree with the broken melee mechanics in Rise. I used them often and they were quite effective. However, in Shadow they're completely broken. When Lara hit's enemies with her axe, they don't even flinch! It made using melee pretty much redundant.

Last edited by Linoshi Croft; 28-06-19 at 09:50.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote