www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 23-05-19, 11:13   #1721
malferink
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Oh and don't even get me started on the whole cluster**** that was the San Francisco Composer Buffet Reception being delayed after people had already booked their flights, hotels, etc. That didn't even affect me personally but it still pisses me off to this day. I don't care if this is your first crowdfunding campaign, that sort of **** just shouldn't happen.
Damn... that really is bad.
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-19, 11:43   #1722
Woops
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helegad View Post
Five months and eight or nine emails later I did get a polite reply that the address had been changed.
That's good, at least.
Old 23-05-19, 20:33   #1723
tombraider4ever
Archaeologist

I'm making a video with some of my own renders for my facebook fanart page and I want to use the classic TR theme from the recording or from the original games, do any of you know if this is allowed? My fanart page is just to showcase my own renders and I haven't and are absolutly not planning to sell any of my renders. I will credit Nathan McCree ofcourse

Anyone here who knows?

Edit: I'm too impatient to wait for a reply lol, I have decided to take my chances, I have given credit to Nathan McCree, and written about Square Enix owning the copyright and that I don't make any money of my fanart, hopefull that will be enough

Last edited by tombraider4ever; 23-05-19 at 21:56.
tombraider4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 20:00   #1724
Justicefor2615
Hobbyist

Default Sorting out the mess

Hi guys,

I've made a separate thread around all of this, please take a look and make contact if I can help - I'm going to try and pull all of this together.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=222979
Justicefor2615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 00:52   #1725
TombRaiderLover
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justicefor2615 View Post
Hi guys,

I've made a separate thread around all of this, please take a look and make contact if I can help - I'm going to try and pull all of this together.

Tracie, you are a wonderful human being.
Old 18-06-19, 06:22   #1726
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Jeez, reading that just makes me sad.

It's sad how the mighty have fallen.
Old 18-06-19, 06:56   #1727
Helegad
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth View Post
You impatient, entitled, whining, ungrateful gits. It seems Tomb Raider Forums never changes...
Just want to repost the above as a reminder of how white knighting and being a "really nice and good" person enables this sort of bullsh*t.

You buy product, you get product. End of story. Has been that way for a very long time.
Old 18-06-19, 07:42   #1728
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justicefor2615 View Post
Hi guys,

Are you the lady who was in several of Nathans livestream videos with blonde hair that got emotional when the classic theme played? If so, major respect to you
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 07:59   #1729
Dustie
Relic Hunter

What a shame that this has turned out this way. At the risk of sounding like I'm trying to whitewash Nathan's attitude let me say that perhaps this project was a bit too much for all parties involved to handle. I loved the idea and I'm still waiting for the remastered original tracks (though at this point I'm probably being completely delusional lol), but clearly this needed more than a group of passionate people.
Dustie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 10:09   #1730
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helegad View Post
Just want to repost the above as a reminder of how white knighting and being a "really nice and good" person enables this sort of bullsh*t.

You buy product, you get product. End of story. Has been that way for a very long time.
Again, I want to point out that backing a Kickstarter campaign is not, in fact, the same thing as buying a product. People need to rid themselves of that misconception. However, as I've said in this and in Tracie's thread, that does not in any way justify some of Nathan's conduct and some of the sheer incompetence on his end, particularly when dealing with backers (and, apparently, just people involved in the campaign in general, however tangentially, looking at Tracie's and Melonie's posts in the other thread).