www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings

Old 18-10-18, 21:38   #3091
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

What programme are you using? I am curious what my characters would look like in that fashion; maybe I should make a switch to a new illustration software (I just hope it doesn't cost something like 700 euros which is what the newest edition of Coreldraw costs...)
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-18, 21:52   #3092
Horus-Goddess
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
What programme are you using? I am curious what my characters would look like in that fashion; maybe I should make a switch to a new illustration software (I just hope it doesn't cost something like 700 euros which is what the newest edition of Coreldraw costs...)
I use PaintTool SAI which is super cheap. Mine was $50 USD, the price may have changed over the years though, not sure.

I also have Clip Studio Paint, which is around $50-$200 depending on the version. I haven't really learned to use it so well, but it's also very good and has tons of brushes. It's great for manga/comic type art from what I've seen others do with it.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-18, 21:57   #3093
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
I use PaintTool SAI which is super cheap. Mine was $50 USD, the price may have changed over the years though, not sure.

I also have Clip Studio Paint, which is around $50-$200 depending on the version. I haven't really learned to use it so well, but it's also very good and has tons of brushes. It's great for manga/comic type art from what I've seen others do with it.
Thanks, I'm gonna give these a look. Though I will finish my current story first before I make any switches of course
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-18, 23:15   #3094
Horus-Goddess
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Thanks, I'm gonna give these a look. Though I will finish my current story first before I make any switches of course
No problem! I hope it helps. I know my art got so much better after ditching Photoshop for Sai (the stabilizer feature helps so much with keeping lineart and brush work clean).
Old 23-10-18, 21:51   #3095
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Thought I'd share this. I love Victorian era fashion, so I've been trying to come up with something inspired by it for my character.

[IMG]http://www.tombraiderforums.com/picture.php?albumid=473&pictureid=11345[]
This is STUNNING! Do you upload on instagram by chance? Or still DA? I'd love to follow your work, been a fan for a long time.

Quote:

Oooh I LOVE Clip Studio Paint. I used it on my PC for a while but I find myself using my iPad Pro for art more often than not these days, and I use the Clip Studio App there as well

Haven't posted my art in a while, here's what I just finished this morning

Bigger Version
Old 24-10-18, 23:09   #3096
Horus-Goddess
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
This is STUNNING! Do you upload on instagram by chance? Or still DA? I'd love to follow your work, been a fan for a long time.

Oooh I LOVE Clip Studio Paint. I used it on my PC for a while but I find myself using my iPad Pro for art more often than not these days, and I use the Clip Studio App there as well

Haven't posted my art in a while, here's what I just finished this morning

https://i.imgur.com/M4n4mW6.jpg
Hey, thanks Mel.

Also, nice portrait. She kind of reminds me of you with the tattoo and all. Was that intentional or just coincidence?

Last edited by Horus-Goddess; 14-11-18 at 21:14.
Old 26-10-18, 11:47   #3097
LaraIloveYou
Student

This is just beautiful <3
LaraIloveYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-18, 22:31   #3098
Nausinous
Relic Hunter

Made this illustration for my new Vegan clothing brand ...

Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-18, 20:03   #3099
Horus-Goddess
Professor

Really nicely done Nausinous. It's very cute!
Old 28-10-18, 16:34   #3100
za.parry
Hobbyist

Okay so I photoshopped Turning Point Lara (whom I’m obsessed with, she’s beautiful) onto Katniss Everdeen out of curiosity AND LARA HAS NEVER LOOKED SO BADASS!

https://imgur.com/jLTJSfW

https://imgur.com/gallery/XkXrWgh

(These aren’t amazingly done and the last one is kind of messy so sorry for that. I was using superimpose on my phone :P )

The braid, the bow, the fire, it all looks so powerful! I really wish they portrayed her this fierce in the reboot. Idk if an outfit that tactical would make sense for Lara but it would make a good one nonetheless. Idk something about those pictures just makes me go “HELL YEAH THATS LARA CROFT”, ya feel?