www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding > XNALara

Old 08-07-18, 23:04   #1
LGG_PRODUCTION
Explorer

Default TRLE to XNALara

Hello there, is there a way to port a TRLE outfit on XNALara, if so how?
Old 12-07-18, 06:50   #2
XNAaraL
Professor

Location: The worthwhile problems are the U can really solve, the ones U can really contribute something to
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGG_PRODUCTION View Post
Hello there, is there a way to port a TRLE outfit on XNALara, if so how?
Yes, there is a way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
Well I would think the easiest way around this would be to export stuff from Strpix in MQO format, then in Meta export to OBJ for XNAlara standard rigging. I'll try it out. Any requests?

Edit: Meta2TR works like a charm!
You should also can exporting the TRLE Lara model of TRViewer.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 12-07-18 at 07:02.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-18, 07:19   #3
Joey79100
Professor

StrPix now allows exporting the entire objects at once as MQO, like WADMerger does, however it doesn't export textures (coordinates are saved, but using the exported atlas and using it in Meta doesn't seem to do the trick).

TRViewer does export models with textures, but keep in mind all faces have their texture cropped by one pixel on each side, or something like that (I don't know the exact values but it's definitely cropped).
Here's what I mean. Look at the eyes, the mouth, the shadow below the hair or the one below the nose, or even how the shirt looks "broken" where faces connect:

(click to magnify, there are 3 images in one, the thumbnail just doesn't show it)

NWE (let's say 2.5, it's the last I have on my computer), even if it's an unfinished tool for using it with TRLE, exports individual meshes but with correct texturing. So if you are patient, you can use that and move meshes to their original location, but it's more time-consuming.
EDIT: I've just checked, if you select several meshes at once, it will export all of them as one MQO file. However they still don't have their real location, but it saves you a lot of time. So the only thing that remains to do is to set their location. I know there is a tool that exports each mesh's location in a file, so you only have to open the Local window, select Property and type the values, I just don't remember which tool it is.
Actually, if your joints are done correctly, you don't even have to get the exact coordinates, you can find them visually.
I think this is the easiest solution if you want the best results.

So in the end there is no perfect way yet to export TRLE models as far as I know.

Last edited by Joey79100; 14-07-18 at 07:37.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-18, 19:03   #4
A_De
Archaeologist

Fexanim also exports textured meshes to *.ms3d format which can be opened with either Milkshape3D or Fragmotion. These programs can convert geometry to more common format, like *.obj
Old 28-03-19, 22:30   #5
Suikaze Raider
Historian

I'm sorry for reviving an old thread.

I'm interested in converting a couple of custom outfits from a *.wad to XNALara. I had an idea for a little render and I would need to make them posable.

Is there an easy way to do this? I don't know how to add bones to models or pose them with other tools...

Regards