www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 11-05-15, 21:30   #1401
Cochrane
Gold Contributor

Double-sided triangles are fixed. Hope I didn't break anything else this time…

jack9267_: Any particular reason you can't just put the code on Github? It's not quite easy to help you debug that way.

Anyway, I've uploaded my own TR parsing and rendering code from about eight years ago: https://github.com/cochrane/TRPoser-old This is rather horrible code, sorry about that. Also it won't work anymore, even if you do have a Mac. But TRRagdollInstance.m should have the information you need.
Old 11-05-15, 21:34   #1402
jack9267_
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
Double-sided triangles are fixed. Hope I didn't break anything else this time…

jack9267_: Any particular reason you can't just put the code on Github? It's not quite easy to help you debug that way.

Anyway, I've uploaded my own TR parsing and rendering code from about eight years ago: https://github.com/cochrane/TRPoser-old This is rather horrible code, sorry about that. Also it won't work anymore, even if you do have a Mac. But TRRagdollInstance.m should have the information you need.
I put Galactic3D on github which headers so now I could upload TR Viewer to github. Hopefully if you can see the source code it will help. Give me a min.

Edit:

Here is TR Viewer on github. It will not compile right now due to changes I need to make to the include directories and stuff.

Subscriber.cpp contains the main bulk of code.

TRViewer

Last edited by jack9267_; 11-05-15 at 21:40.
jack9267_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-15, 21:55   #1403
Cochrane
Gold Contributor

Could you post a screenshot of your Lara? (Just the skeleton TR4 shows should be enough). That's generally the model that's most useful for debugging because it's very clear how it should look like.

Anyway, based on what I very vaguely remember, and my very old code, I think it might be that the push should be after the render, not before. But I'm 50:50 on whether I still remember that code properly, and I'm definitely too tired to understand it, so no guarantees can be given. Good luck! I'm going to sleep now.
Old 11-05-15, 21:58   #1404
jack9267_
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
Could you post a screenshot of your Lara? (Just the skeleton TR4 shows should be enough). That's generally the model that's most useful for debugging because it's very clear how it should look like.

Anyway, based on what I very vaguely remember, and my very old code, I think it might be that the push should be after the render, not before. But I'm 50:50 on whether I still remember that code properly, and I'm definitely too tired to understand it, so no guarantees can be given. Good luck! I'm going to sleep now.
I'll put some instructions on how to build TR Viewer. Assuming you have Visual Studio 2012 installed. I'll get a picture of how lara looks. Lara looks fine when I checked and baddies so its something else thats gone weird.
Old 11-05-15, 22:02   #1405
Ado Croft
Historian

OMG :O Finally Tesla Rus fixed the collision system, now this system works the same as in original, great job Only Character check climbability function is broken, but this is not a big deal Thanks to Tesla Rus for this great engine
And also thanks to Cochrane for double side fixing.

Last edited by Ado Croft; 11-05-15 at 22:03.
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-15, 23:54   #1406
jack9267_
Historian

Lwmte: Even though the code for the spline math for the flyby cameras is in TRViewer, please wait until I rewrite the code to be cleaner.

Edit:

Lwmte: You may want to checkout some other changes I did to VT sources. The changes I did made the speed load about 6 times quicker by replicating some logic the original game did. (I used a memory pool)

Last edited by jack9267_; 12-05-15 at 00:02.
jack9267_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 08:27   #1407
TeslaRus
Student

Quote:
OMG :O Finally Tesla Rus fixed the collision system, now this system works the same as in original, great job Only Character check climbability function is broken, but this is not a big deal Thanks to Tesla Rus for this great engine
And also thanks to Cochrane for double side fixing.
Thanks! But collision fixes are beta... this time collision model based on current skeleton and may be tuned by script (see scripts\autoexec.lua); Climbing working if You can grab the edge Foots meshes moved Lara out of wall if You try to jump near the wall; I need to adjust penetration fix code a.t.c. but this time no more headache with one single character collision object, no more often ghost->SetCollisionObject(...), and we can check what part of Lara's body was collided / bitten.
Thanks to Cochrane for polygons fixing water textures are correct now! but in TR4 map 9 texture animation is friezed... I remember that bug in first anim textures implementations and that solution was easy, but I did not remember the solution exactly
TeslaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 10:19   #1408
jack9267_
Historian

If anyone else wants to see the pictures of how what I'm trying to do thats not working i put the links below.

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

offsets work for the mesh tree, but the root position changes where in the world some things are. I could ignore the root position but that seems like a work around.
Old 12-05-15, 22:32   #1409
Richard_trle
Historian

Guys, there was a member of this forum who developed a scripting capability for TR4.exe using LUA

What about asking him for tips or for him to join the project?

His username under this forum is T4Larson

Even though the site is offline I managed to find a snapshot on Internet Archive

https://web.archive.org/web/20101220...n.la.ohost.de/
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 23:56   #1410
Turbo Pascal
Student

Last edited by Turbo Pascal; 13-05-15 at 01:33.
Turbo Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote