www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 07-06-19, 19:01   #28621
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by scremanie View Post
Oooo! Post it!

I'd enjoy reading it.
Alright. Bear in mind it's fan fiction, so some Lara canon might be a bit muddled up (and clearly does not fit with what we know happened to Amelia in Blood Ties). It's also quite long .

14 February 1968: Amelia Lara DeMornay is born. She is brought up an aristocrat attending the best schools England has to offer.

1984: Amelia persuades her father to let her join Werner Von Croy on the adventurer’s expedition to Cambodia

1984: Amelia, who prefers to be known by Lara, is staying with Winston Smith in Ireland. Here she overhears Winston and Father Patrick talking of a haunted island off the coast. She hides Father Patrick’s boat and has a small adventure involving ghosts and demons, seeing of the demon Verdilet.

1985?: Amelia travels to Russia to seek the Spear of Destiny.

Upon returning home, her parents are appalled of the danger their daughter has put herself in. She lied about the trip to Russia, which she had claimed was a school trip. As a result, they vow to put a stop to this travelling ‘nonsense’ and Lara finds her movements now severely restricted.

1989: Amelia graduates from Swiss finishing school. Her marriage into wealth is set. An arrangement has been made for Lara to marry the Earl of Farrington, with whom Lara has had a stilted friendship; the Farrington’s being close family friends.

As a 21st birthday treat, Amelia is allowed to have one final ‘fling’ on a skiing trip. Disaster strikes and Lara is left the sole survivor of a plane crash over the Himalayas. During the trip, she reminisces about her teenage adventures and soon realises she is happiest alone, travelling.

Amelia returns home and she tells her family in no uncertain terms she is going travelling. At first they are against the idea, but her mother softens, realising her daughter could do with living a little. She believes Amelia only needs a little time, a year or two at best. Her father isn’t so easy to please, however, but with persuasion from Helena, relents. Amelia’s engagement to the Earl is put on hold.

Amelia starts her travels, going to Rome in search of the Philosopher’s Stone. She also travels to NY to retrieve the Iris from the Von Croys, believing the artefact to be her find. Having decided to leave her family behind her, she starts using her middle name.

1990: Amelia/Lara meets the dashing young archaeologist, Richard Croft. After a whirlwind romance, the pair marry in secret. Her parents are appalled and embarrassed. In deciding they’ve had enough, Lara is disinherited. Fortunately an aged aunt who recently passed away leaves her a small inheritance, including a manor.

Lara and Richard are immensely happy with their life. Lara discovers she is pregnant.

1992: Young Lara, named after her mother’s middle name, is born. Amelia and Lara are settled in Surrey, but the old wanderlust soon starts to take a hold of Amelia. Soon, she is back travelling with Richard, often taking little Lara with them to the safer archaeological digs. But it’s not enough for the adventurous Amelia. She is secretly resentful of Richard’s reputation and his adventures with Roth and Grim. Dickie and Amelia start to drift apart.

Amelia, feeling as hemmed in as she was with her parents, starts to travel by herself, drawn by the lure of the unknown, myths and often mysterious artefacts.

1995: Lara discovers Bigfoot and this leads to her receiving some of her own attention, separate from her husband. She is known as Lara Croft, but no one seems to realise she is the wife of archaeologist Richard Croft or a mother.

Her relationship is beginning to suffer, which she feels guilty about, but she enjoys her time apart and is so taken by travel and discovery, that she thinks of little else. She learns to harden her heart to make the separation easier.

1996: Lara searches for the Scion. She sets up base in her aunt’s old manor.

1997: Lara searches for the Dagger of Xian.

1998: Lara sets out on her third major solo adventure. Richard begs her to come back with him. They are getting along more and Lara admits she misses her little family. She vows to spend more time with them. She is delighted with little Lara’s discovery. But she has one final artefact to look for. The Ankh of Set.

1999: Lara goes to Egypt where she is in a race against her former mentor to discover the ankh of Set. Finally, she is trapped in the tomb, presumed dead. Werner Von Croy searches frantically for her, with small hope of discovering her alive.

Richard torn apart by his wife’s ‘death’ becomes obsessed with the search for answers to immortality.

2003: Richard Croft dies, leaving behind his 11 year old daughter. She goes to live with her ‘uncle’ Roth, but spends her time between him and boarding school.
Old 13-06-19, 18:09   #28622
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

Playing some Rise again . Such a great game that deserves all the acclaim and love it received (outside of TRF) .
Old 13-06-19, 18:14   #28623
johnanonymouz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Playing some Rise again . Such a great game that deserves all the acclaim and love it received (outside of TRF) .
what are your favorite parts of the game?
Old 13-06-19, 18:22   #28624
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
what are your favorite parts of the game?
My top 3 favorite parts :

- The whole hunt of the Atlas , from ascending the mountain to the occupied village and stealthing our way through it , to climbing around the cathedral and infiltrating it , to the archives themselves . It's my favorite part out of the whole reboot trilogy .

- All of Kitezh . I've actually made a thread on why I think it's the best hub in th trilogy.

- Syria .
Old 13-06-19, 20:09   #28625
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

I went and replayed Syria recently and it felt like Shadow's sequel because of the better graphics. I missed this game
Old 13-06-19, 21:35   #28626
Raider8
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
I went and replayed Syria recently and it felt like Shadow's sequel because of the better graphics. I missed this game
Honestly, Syria was such a beautiful level and the graphics were insanely ahead of their time. I wanna explore such environments (or egypt) in the next game for sure.
Raider8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-19, 21:41   #28627
scremanie
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Alright. Bear in mind it's fan fiction, so some Lara canon might be a bit muddled up (and clearly does not fit with what we know happened to Amelia in Blood Ties). It's also quite long .

Rest of post
That was awesome! I like how you tied it all to classic Lara. Iíve never thought of Lara as a mother before, but I like how it kinda makes sense for her to just block her family life out in order to pursue her dreams. It makes classic Lara seem even more complex and cold-hearted. Thank you for sharing!
Old 14-06-19, 17:00   #28628
Cat Woman
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I've just been going through some of my files and I noticed a biography I wrote up where I tried to fit Amelia De Morney/Croft into Classic Lara's timeline dated from August 2016. I'd forgotten all about it .
Thanks for the additional post Rai. Enjoyed the read.
Old 14-06-19, 20:31   #28629
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by scremanie View Post
That was awesome! I like how you tied it all to classic Lara. Iíve never thought of Lara as a mother before, but I like how it kinda makes sense for her to just block her family life out in order to pursue her dreams. It makes classic Lara seem even more complex and cold-hearted. Thank you for sharing!
Thank you! I was worried about how Amelia as Lara would go down, which is why I never posted it before.

Thank you Cat Woman.
Old 15-06-19, 17:48   #28630
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
I much prefer this and TR13 over Shadow. I got so into TR13 and Rise that I must have replayed them about 4 or 5 times each. I recently fully completed Blood Ties since I never fully collected everything.

The only thing I dislike about the TR series are exhibitions, despite this I gave Cold Darkness a go. It's really not my thing, Lara's Nightmare was the same. I think I played about 20 seconds before I quit that, lol.
9006 is offline   Reply With Quote