www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 24-10-16, 18:42   #21
domino92
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
I'll wait to see the lineup of games before i purchase. I already know Breath of the Wild but i want to see a few more confirmed/details.
I can only hope their launch lineup is better than the WiiU's. It really contributed to the death of that system that there was only two really good games there that were exclusive to the platform.
Old 24-10-16, 23:34   #22
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
I can only hope their launch lineup is better than the WiiU's. It really contributed to the death of that system that there was only two really good games there that were exclusive to the platform.
Even over the course of its whole lifetime they lacked many decent titles. The Wii U also advertised that it had an extensive list of third party support before launch but we all know how that turned out.

I'll try to stay optimistic as i do truly believe that Nintendo is getting their **** together this time.
Old 24-10-16, 23:51   #23
domino92
Tomb Raider

Already, even knowing very little so far about the device, it's already telling that Nintendo learned their mistakes from the WiiU and is doing a much better job of marketing their new device.
Old 25-10-16, 11:42   #24
Jami393
Tomb Raider

With PlatinumGames being one of their partners, I hope Bayonetta 3 becomes exclusive for the console. We already know that they liked working with Nintendo.
Old 25-10-16, 11:47   #25
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
With PlatinumGames being one of their partners, I hope Bayonetta 3 becomes exclusive for the console. We already know that they liked working with Nintendo.
Someone will be triggered by this! :P

But Sega clearly has no interest in solely finance any Bayonetta game. But before 3, I wish they port Bayonetta 2 for the Switch (or have both games for the price of one, like with Bayonetta 1 and 2 for the Wii U). That game deserves another chance to sell.

Last edited by Portugalraider; 25-10-16 at 12:16.
Portugalraider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-16, 11:58   #26
Jami393
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Probably. He wouldn't be the only one on the internet to be triggered by this, though.

Quote:
But Sega clearly has no interest in solely finance any Bayonetta game. But before 3, I whish they port Bayonetta 2 for the Switch (or have both games for the price of one, like with Bayonetta 1 and 2 for the Wii U). That game deserves another chance to sell.
It really does deserve another chance. Especially that the owner base of the Switch will more than likely be bigger than the Wii U.
Old 25-10-16, 12:08   #27
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Well I wouldn't mind if that certain someone would triggered, gives me the chance to reuse this again
Old 25-10-16, 12:15   #28
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Weren't the sales for Bayonetta 2 positive though? Obvioulsy the Wii had a much smaller install base than the other consoles at the time so it stands to reason it'd sell to a lesser extent.

I think Bayonetta was a good additon to the Nintendo catalogue; it just feels like a Nintendo type of game for some reason. I think if Nintendo were happy with the sales and happy to fund a third game Sega would be fools just to let it lie dormant. No other publishers seem interested.
Old 25-10-16, 12:39   #29
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Nothing has officially been confirmed, but considering Bayonetta ended up in Smash and that the second game received a new print in America just before her inclusion in Smash, it probably did better than most people will probably think it did. If it's worth another game? No idea, but I really hope they'll port the games over now with a rock solid frame-rate. That'd be absolutely perfect.
Old 25-10-16, 12:39   #30
Portugalraider
Professor

Apparently physical sales were pretty sluggish, but it appears to have been able to sell 1M copies, according to VGChartz. However, VGChartz is not a really reliable site, so take it with a grain of salt.

However, we no nothing about digital sales and the game was supposedly really popular here in Europe, so maybe there's still hope. But Sega should just sell the publishing rights to Nintendo. Or do something like Koei Tecmo did with Fatal Frame, where both them and Nintendo own the rights to the franchise...