www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 28-02-19, 17:19   #421
Danath
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
I learned usually the problem isn't the size of the portals, but their raw amount (Example: a 5x5 connection with five 5x1 portals is much heavier than one big 5x5 portal).
Yes, i always try to have the least amount possible and select all sectors at once. Even if it's a vertical connection, i usually select the entire floor to make a big square portal, then select the sectors that shouldn't be connected to delete those portals making the least amount of combinations possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
Also I heard some Wreck of the Maria Doria doors lack the invisible block behind them, you might check those
I checked those doors in a test project and they all had the invisible block.

As for FexInspect, i want that version because i'm curious about all that extra info.

------------------------
In the end, i decided to not divide the rooms further. Even if the fence has collision with the snowmobile, those statics such as trees or rocks will not, i don't see much point.
Also, another thing made me decide that. I got another room crashing with the snowmobile in the enemy base and i've had to delete a portal, luckily it's working now. Thankfully it's the only place that could cause those crashes, it shouldn't happen in the rest of the map as the places will be smaller.
Old 01-03-19, 09:48   #422
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
As for FexInspect, i want that version because i'm curious about all that extra info.
Just checked it out, and its the same as other fexinspect's, it does not adjust or save anything, it is visual only, even the 'save as' does not work, and not like fexinspectsk that is adjustable and saveable.

It does have some good info though.....
Shows light bulb positions and brightness.
Shows all camera views in the level in one data tab.
Shows all flyby cameras in level in one data tab.

Pity it is not adjustable like fexinspectsk, as would have liked adjustable light bulbs per room, brightness and position.
Old 01-03-19, 10:12   #423
DaroRaider
Student

May be a chance that the developer is working on a version to edit/update things... I guess that is the reason for the "save as" option is there..
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-19, 10:44   #424
Dustie
Relic Hunter

I've been using both variants of FexInspect to get details about texturing and lighting in TR3 levels and I asked sapper if he could add some more info about lights, he also said he couldn't make the 3D window bigger...
Dustie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 20:43   #425
Danath
Archaeologist

Smile

In my case i am interested in all that extra info, it's not a problem that it can't be edited, i just want to know more about how the levels are done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
he also said he couldn't make the 3D window bigger...
I'm used to the tiny 1024x768 of Dxtre window by now. A pity it cannot be made bigger.

-------------------------------------
The map is going well, i got up to 25 minutes of playtime now, getting closer to finishing it. Approximately 80% of the layout done. The rest should be made much faster, the hardest things are done now ( the big outdoor areas ).
All of the areas that you need to drive through with the snowmobile aren't crashing, thankfully. I was fearing i would need to exclude the vehicle from this map. Engine is behaving well for a change.

I forgot to check last version of Arsunt's patch for some reason, he added newer features, like this one:

PS1 inventory text boxes! I'm loving how that looks. Seeing all those maps in the list motivates me, i have gone pretty far now.
"Prueba" is "test" in spanish. It's for testing/figuring out things.

It seems like loading screens will be added in a future patch version! That would be pretty fun, like in TR3. Looking forward to that.
Old 03-03-19, 21:20   #426
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

I'm really looking forward to playing this one! I haven't got my hands on your demo yet, but you are an incredible TR2 level builder around here... the quality and dedication you put in your levels is amazing! Good luck my friend
SrDanielPonces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 21:47   #427
Danath
Archaeologist

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
I'm really looking forward to playing this one! I haven't got my hands on your demo yet, but you are an incredible TR2 level builder around here... the quality and dedication you put in your levels is amazing! Good luck my friend
Thank you very much!
Old 03-03-19, 22:33   #428
DaroRaider
Student

Arsunt seems to be a talented hex-editor buddy.
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-19, 19:35   #429
PedroTheGamer

Lightbulb

hi danath! wha'ts up from you level?

and what is that 9- Last Trial

Last edited by PedroTheGamer; 06-03-19 at 19:36.
PedroTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-19, 19:53   #430
Danath
Archaeologist

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
Arsunt seems to be a talented hex-editor buddy.
If you ask me, i think he deserves at least a medal, but i would say a statue. Thanks to him this game can be a reality using the TR2 engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTheGamer View Post
hi danath! wha'ts up from you level?

and what is that 9- Last Trial
I'm working on the last part of map 5, i had even more crash problems with the snowmobile, and i've had to rethink what you need to do inside the enemy base "thanks" to that.
I officially hate that vehicle now.

The last map title is self-explanatory, it will be kind of similar to the Dragon's Lair level of TR2 but with my twist on it.

----------------------------
In addition, if i can finish the game i am considering doing a version of the Tutorial/Mansion of my own.