www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 19-03-18, 00:46   #61
Danath
Archaeologist

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post
Well maybe you could try something to get rid of the shadows: copy the center of the tile that is lightened and paste it above the shadows, due to the fact that the image is a single tile that repeats irself, it may work.
Thanks, i will try doing that, but when i finish the level, i want to concentrate on doing the detailing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
What causes this shadow? Is it a light bulb?
No haha it's not from the level. It's the texture i used for the background, it has shadows on the corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGlitcher77 View Post
It's fine Danath, don't worry about it. Nice job on your progress, I've been keeping an eye on this thread.
Thank you. I will try to fix it, if i can't i could ask someone to do it, it's not important right now as i have a lot of levels ahead of me.

I still have to do the final area, but i have begun to do the texturing and lighting, now that i have the gameplay done and i'm satisfied with it. So you should see some more screenshots soon, i will do specific areas first.

Another thing, i was thinking about having the level tested when it's done, i like the gameplay but i would like to hear other's opinions on it, as well as game balance. I also think it would be better than having to test a lot of levels together, the same saved game could be used when another is ready. Is it a good idea?
Old 19-03-18, 00:52   #62
GameGlitcher77
Professor

Cool ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
Thanks, i will try doing that, but when i finish the level, i want to concentrate on doing the detailing now.

No haha it's not from the level. It's the texture i used for the background, it has shadows on the corners.

Thank you. I will try to fix it, if i can't i could ask someone to do it, it's not important right now as i have a lot of levels ahead of me.

I still have to do the final area, but i have begun to do the texturing and lighting, now that i have the gameplay done and i'm satisfied with it. So you should see some more screenshots soon, i will do specific areas first.

Another thing, i was thinking about having the level tested when it's done, i like the gameplay but i would like to hear other's opinions on it, as well as game balance. I also think it would be better than having to test a lot of levels together, the same saved game could be used when another is ready. Is it a good idea?
Yeah I don't see why not...
Old 19-03-18, 04:18   #63
thewolf
Historian

Thought you also had a problem with the hole where the bell is?
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-18, 16:19   #64
Danath
Archaeologist

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGlitcher77 View Post
Yeah I don't see why not...

Quote:
Thought you also had a problem with the hole where the bell is?
Ah yes, sorry, i thought you were talking about the background.
Yes, i placed a light with intensity -3, that creates a shadow based on the room ambient value. So if my exteriors have 20 as ambient, then the shadows are 23.
I can't see any cracks in the editor view, but ingame there are cracks. :\

Note i recolored the bell to try and give it a bronze look.

I also wanted to place a shadow under the balconies, but the shadow is either too big ( even with radius 1 ) or it also creates cracks.
Old 19-03-18, 18:38   #65
thewolf
Historian

Lightbulb

Yes , the editor doesn't show you always the light as it is . The real effect can only be seen ingame. Some of the cracks are impossible to get rid off . Even if the editor won't show you any light effects, there may be ingame some. What you could try , is to make the radius of the bulb bigger and move it about 3-4 tiles behind this room.

Try it like this:

Old 19-03-18, 18:58   #66
Danath
Archaeologist

Talking

This is one of these cases where it's impossible, i'm afraid.
The room is only 1 sector wide, so i cannot do as you say. I tried placing the bulb "inside" the back wall and below as i have it but it's even worse then, the entire block gets shadowed. I'll just have to carry on and forget.

Thanks for trying to help!
Old 19-03-18, 19:52   #67
thewolf
Historian

Lightbulb

This is the closest, I could make without cracks For a 1 block room

Old 20-03-18, 17:15   #68
Danath
Archaeologist

Question

Quote:
This is the closest, I could make without cracks For a 1 block room
Oh, how did you move it that far?? I have tried doing that in other levels but i couldn't. There is no sector to click there.
Old 20-03-18, 18:34   #69
thewolf
Historian

You can move the bulb in all directions , if you hold the ctrl and choose left , right, up or down on your arrow keys. The bulb can be moved out of your room
Old 20-03-18, 18:45   #70
Danath
Archaeologist

Talking

Wow, why i didn't think of that? Thanks a lot man, gonna try moving it later and see if the cracks go away.

Thanks to Gameglitcher now i have a usable street lamp from the Madhouse level! It didn't work because it had translucent textures and TR2 cannot handle that.

Last edited by Danath; 20-03-18 at 21:40. Reason: lamps yay :D
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote