www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 14-06-19, 08:08   #31
AshesBorn
Professor

I much prefer to own games physically, but the idea of gaming without a console is quite fascinating.
I wonder if and how they're gonna pull it off on such a grand scale, though. Do they have the power to consistently stream thousands of demanding titles to millions of players at the same time? Could be a laggy mess.
Old 14-06-19, 14:15   #32
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoimina View Post
And can I also buy and own the odler ones as well? Sorry I didn't do much research on this yet, didn't find the time haha
That I don't know either, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesBorn View Post
I much prefer to own games physically, but the idea of gaming without a console is quite fascinating.
I wonder if and how they're gonna pull it off on such a grand scale, though. Do they have the power to consistently stream thousands of demanding titles to millions of players at the same time? Could be a laggy mess.
If anyone could pull this off is Google as they have a multitude of servers everywhere, TBH. But still, this is going to be too much like "let's wait and see how it goes".

Personally I'm okay with not "owning" all games I play as long as I can own the ones I definitely want to keep. I don't see it any difference to having Netflix but still buying DVDs/Blu-rays for those movies/series I really want. But personally I would use Stadia only for those "unimportant" games. It I can't at least download a game in case the service goes down so I can keep playing, I don't think it is a good idea to buy it through a system with that risk.
Old 14-06-19, 14:56   #33
Samsdad
Relic Hunter

It is so interesting watching this change in the gaming industry. With Google, MS, Amazon providing the infrastructure and many others playing with different types of subscription services the change is happening quite rapidly.

https://www.cnet.com/news/google-sta...-us-all-along/

MS seems to be further along on solving the latency issue than Google

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...-google-stadia

Add to that the Sony and Microsoft agreement to explore cloud based gaming solutions and there are all kinds of new possibilities

https://news.microsoft.com/2019/05/1...c-partnership/

Last edited by Samsdad; 14-06-19 at 15:51.
Samsdad is offline   Reply With Quote