www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 24-03-19, 21:25   #11
domino92
Tomb Raider

I've DM'd some sessions of the tabletop game and have always wanted to try the video games, so this sounds like a great opportunity to step in.
Old 18-05-19, 16:42   #12
tomblover
Tomb Raider

Y'all.

Rik Schaffer just scalped us. Wig.
Old 18-05-19, 18:13   #13
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
Y'all.

Rik Schaffer just scalped us. Wig.
I REALLY hope this doesn't suck, Pre-orders already being a thing worries me though.

Me and my friends really need to get togetehre and give a tabletop a try, I've not had enough friends for a tabletop til' recently so my experience has been only the two games so far.

I actually get some slight Max Payne vibes from this.

Last edited by Samz; 18-05-19 at 18:15.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-19, 17:48   #14
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
I REALLY hope this doesn't suck, Pre-orders already being a thing worries me though.
I laugh at the fact the preorder stuff is costumes....in a first person game. I can't even. At with least online shooters, other people will see your chosen costume.

Edit: I get that some moments will be 3rd person cutscenes...but it's still stupid.

Last edited by shockwave_pulsar00; 19-05-19 at 17:50.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-19, 20:11   #15
Mani_Man
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
I laugh at the fact the preorder stuff is costumes....in a first person game. I can't even. At with least online shooters, other people will see your chosen costume.

Edit: I get that some moments will be 3rd person cutscenes...but it's still stupid.
Is it confirmed that its First Person only, the previous one let you go in first and third if i remember correctly.
Would suck if it would only be first person.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-19, 21:03   #16
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post

Pretty much, even if it was third person I think its bad.

I find that kinda funny though, considering how First person was literally not allowed for melee combat in the first one.
Old 19-05-19, 21:03   #17
jarekhanzelka
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Is it confirmed that its First Person only, the previous one let you go in first and third if i remember correctly.
Would suck if it would only be first person.
The first one allowed you to switch between both perspectives while exploring, but combat was fixed - 1st person only for shooting, 3rd person only for melee.

And yes, I believe this was confirmed to be 1st person only, perhaps with 3rd person dialogues.

EDIT: Actually I got it wrong, you were able to go 3rd person while shooting. It totally messed up your aim, but then again your aim in that game wasn't particularly important anyway.

Still, it's important to bear in mind the level of animation quality in the first game, and the level they're presumably trying to achieve with this new one. Implementing both perspectives well enough is simply beyond any developer's ability and capacity (perhaps with the exception of Rockstar, but even they never had to bother with a particularly deep melee combat as of yet).

Last edited by jarekhanzelka; 19-05-19 at 21:06.
jarekhanzelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-19, 21:55   #18
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarekhanzelka View Post
The first one allowed you to switch between both perspectives while exploring, but combat was fixed - 1st person only for shooting, 3rd person only for melee.

And yes, I believe this was confirmed to be 1st person only, perhaps with 3rd person dialogues.

EDIT: Actually I got it wrong, you were able to go 3rd person while shooting. It totally messed up your aim, but then again your aim in that game wasn't particularly important anyway.

Still, it's important to bear in mind the level of animation quality in the first game, and the level they're presumably trying to achieve with this new one. Implementing both perspectives well enough is simply beyond any developer's ability and capacity (perhaps with the exception of Rockstar, but even they never had to bother with a particularly deep melee combat as of yet).

Yeah Third person shooting was awful, your crosshair was invisble at a certain distance since it did the "Projected onto the environment" thing.

If you happened to be playing as a female, the Desert eagle was actually a Glock in third person since they never made a world model for it in a female vampire's hands.

I don't mind the prespective too much, (Pre-order crap aside) I can see why people aren't a fan but I don't think its too big a thing.

I hope we get a bit more of a say in how the main plot unfolds before the ending this time around, OG bloodlines kinda had the Deus Ex problem where you went through every location in mostly the same way regardless of choices and the main plot overall stayed exactly the same til' the final two dungeons.
Old 23-05-19, 23:34   #19
killchan
Explorer

I'm gonna miss the customizable camera of Bloodlines 1.
I played 4 of my runs with a MGS1 perspective
Old 11-06-19, 21:01   #20
Tombcool
Professor

NEW Extended Gameplay Trailer, I AM HYPED!!!

https://youtu.be/OkcNFoW5dzs
Tombcool is offline   Reply With Quote