www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30-04-19, 01:09   #431
Ellioft
Professor
 
Ellioft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: France
Posts: 2,747
Default

So I just have rewatched Mojin : The Lost Legend a popular chinese blockbuster about a team of Tomb Raiders (Shirley the female character is looking like a mix between classic Lara and reboot) and surprisingly the second watch was way better than the first one. I think the chinese audience are hungry for those kind of movies the sequel Mojin : The Worm Valley as been released in the end of 2018 and was a sucess (despite not having the same cast of actors). Too bad they cant shoot their movies in China, because they can have some beautiful seeting.
__________________
Whatever I do with my life. The moon remains constant in the sky.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 01:12   #432
SoraSakai
Archaeologist
 
SoraSakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 2,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
That's what happen when you don't get your own head out of your ass and stop assuming stuff without properly reading other people's opinions.
Iím pretty sure we can have this conversation without the insults.
__________________
"That's a nice Tomb... would be shame if anyone happened to RAID it."
SoraSakai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 01:18   #433
TrustyBow
Professor
 
TrustyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
So I just have rewatched Mojin : The Lost Legend a popular chinese blockbuster about a team of Tomb Raiders (Shirley the female character is looking like a mix between classic Lara and reboot) and surprisingly the second watch was way better than the first one. I think the chinese audience are hungry for those kind of movies the sequel Mojin : The Worm Valley as been released in the end of 2018 and was a sucess (despite not having the same cast of actors). Too bad they cant shoot their movies in China, because they can have some beautiful seeting.
I'd be down for a modern adaptation of TR2.
__________________
Icon of the Tomb Raider: Iconography Returns for Iconic Icon
TrustyBow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 01:49   #434
SoraSakai
Archaeologist
 
SoraSakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 2,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
I'd be down for a modern adaptation of TR2.
Nope.

TR2 features dragons and whatnot.

The rebooted film series don’t do supernatural stuff. Sorry.
__________________
"That's a nice Tomb... would be shame if anyone happened to RAID it."
SoraSakai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 02:02   #435
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist
 
GeekOfComedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: World
Posts: 1,841
Default

Wet blanket
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 02:18   #436
SoraSakai
Archaeologist
 
SoraSakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 2,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Wet blanket
It’s not my fault they removed the thing you all like and you all keep suggesting they adapt games of yours despite ignoring the fact that the base story won’t even be adapted because it can’t.
__________________
"That's a nice Tomb... would be shame if anyone happened to RAID it."
SoraSakai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 02:41   #437
VictorXD
Relic Hunter
 
VictorXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: pillow
Posts: 8,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
I’m pretty sure we can have this conversation without the insults.
First of all, it is not an insult it is an expression for someone who is being stubborn and only wants to look at their own point of view. Maybe a rude one but it's not exactly an insult.

Second of all: I don't think we can. You literally refuse to believe that other people have a different opinion than yours and than you proceed to both misinterpret and skim through people's replies, than you act shady and throw jabs at people for no reason at all.
I'd understand your initial reaction of "how are you even a TR fan?" if people here actually said something among the likes of "I hate the supernatural aspect of the series, I'm glad it was gone in the movie". But no one said anything even remotely close to that.

You literally disregard people's POV just because they don't fit your own. You say you "don't believe us" as if you were a detective in a murder case and we were the prime suspects. We are gaining nothing from exposing our likes and dislikes about a movie in a free fan forum, yet you want you make it seem like we are lying to ourselves or other people in a discussion like if we were getting something out of that. It's just nonsense, and I'm a bit confused at how you expect others to take you seriously and have a mature discussion with you when you have this toxic and frankly delusional attitude towards different opinions.
__________________
Persecution to all non Luds Gate believers may God's wrath fall upon you sinners

Last edited by VictorXD; 30-04-19 at 02:42.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 03:19   #438
SoraSakai
Archaeologist
 
SoraSakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 2,029
Default

Again, the fact that everyone (you included) is hoping for the supernatural elements to be in the sequel reaffirms my point (and confusion) over whether or not you even liked that aspect of the first film. So you can write paragraphs, and that’s great. But I don’t believe you.

People either want an adaptation of Rise (strong supernatural elements), Shadow (strong supernatural elements), or most recently TR2 (strong supernatural elements). So again.

No. I don’t believe anyone who says they loved the twist at all. And the fact that you’d get so emotional over that, is only just making me more confident in my opinion.
__________________
"That's a nice Tomb... would be shame if anyone happened to RAID it."
SoraSakai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 03:36   #439
New Dwight
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3,117
Default

Here's hoping the second movie flops has hard or even harder than the first . Sending positive vibes
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 03:38   #440
VictorXD
Relic Hunter
 
VictorXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: pillow
Posts: 8,512
Default

I doubt you read anything I wrote at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Again, the fact that everyone (you included) is hoping for the supernatural elements to be in the sequel reaffirms my point (and confusion) over whether or not you even liked that aspect of the first film. So you can write paragraphs, and that’s great. But I don’t believe you.
That's great! Nice way to prove my point


Quote:
No. I don’t believe anyone who says they loved the twist at all. And the fact that you’d get so emotional over that, is only just making me more confident in my opinion.
So heads up in asses it is then.
__________________
Persecution to all non Luds Gate believers may God's wrath fall upon you sinners
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 23:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.