www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-06-19, 11:12   #21
the_legend
Archaeologist
 
the_legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Valley
Posts: 1,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post

My glitchless TAS of TR2 has finally been published on TASvideos.org. Here it is:



This took about 2 months of work.

Hope you enjoy!
Yass queen! This is some dedication! Driving in the tibetan hills reminds me of the Underworld bike levels
__________________
I've got my eyes on you.
the_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 10:19   #22
Jami393
Tomb Raider
 
Jami393's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Posts: 18,667
Default

I've watched the run and enjoyed every minute of it. I do have one question at least, regarding the run.

Why didn't the bombs at the end of Venice detonate? Is it something to do with the Japanese version of the game?

EDIT: Okay, that's two
__________________
Rest in peace Iwata-san 1959 - 2015
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 22:37   #23
Dustie
Relic Hunter
 
Dustie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Poland
Posts: 9,212
Default

There's a 2 pixel wide space between the mines where they don't check for the boat's collision, you see each tile is 1024 units wide, each mine checks for 1023 units, with TAS precision, it can be used to go through them.
And it works in all versions, even on PC.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 23:50   #24
TombHackR
Gold Contributor
 
TombHackR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Périgueux, France
Posts: 1,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
Without using glitches- unfortunately not. There's a fence glitch on the balcony on the area before though that skips directly into the library area.
I wonder how I did it then… I’m sure I didn’t fence glitch because I would have noticed and re-loaded the game. Unless there’s an alternative glitched / non-developer-intentional route, then I must have done a fence glitch.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-19, 07:09   #25
Woops
Explorer
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
I've watched the run and enjoyed every minute of it. I do have one question at least, regarding the run.

Why didn't the bombs at the end of Venice detonate? Is it something to do with the Japanese version of the game?

EDIT: Okay, that's two
Exactly what Dustie said! thank you for watching, glad you enjoyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post
I wonder how I did it then… I’m sure I didn’t fence glitch because I would have noticed and re-loaded the game. Unless there’s an alternative glitched / non-developer-intentional route, then I must have done a fence glitch.
You could've possibly done it without thinking it's a glitch, although we consider it a glitch, a lot of people think it's not (and you could've used it without thinking too much about it, which is understandable)
It's even mentioned on Stella's site.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-19, 12:10   #26
Jami393
Tomb Raider
 
Jami393's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Posts: 18,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
There's a 2 pixel wide space between the mines where they don't check for the boat's collision, you see each tile is 1024 units wide, each mine checks for 1023 units, with TAS precision, it can be used to go through them.
And it works in all versions, even on PC.
Nice. Thanks for the explanation.
__________________
Rest in peace Iwata-san 1959 - 2015
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-19, 20:08   #27
TombHackR
Gold Contributor
 
TombHackR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Périgueux, France
Posts: 1,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
You could've possibly done it without thinking it's a glitch, although we consider it a glitch, a lot of people think it's not (and you could've used it without thinking too much about it, which is understandable)
It's even mentioned on Stella's site.
I definitely didn’t push the brick block at 09:15, therefore your route is the only other possible way so I must have done it.

I’m aware of fence glitches so I’m not sure why I allowed myself to go this way unless I’m just blind
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 20:20   #28
Woops
Explorer
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 923
Default

Happens to the best of us haha
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.