www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 06-06-19, 21:33   #1
lcroft_lc
Tomb Raider

Default The E3 2019 Thread - Microsoft's E3

The iconic E3 threads from Sir Croft:
2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009

The E3 2017 Thread

This year Sony is skipping E3. So it is all about Microsoft. They are going to show 14 first party titles and many more third party titles as well as the next XBOX unveiling.

On Sunday, Microsoft will head to LA where the company will be hosting their annual E3 keynote. Microsoft will be showing off 14 titles from their own game studios, according to Phil Spencer.

Of that, you can expect titles like Gears of War 5 (codenamed Halifax) will have a strong presence, and we will also see items like new DLC for State of Decay 2, Forza Horizon 4 Expansion 2. Halo Infinite is expected to have trailer and gameplay wile Age of Empires info will be mentioned too. Fable details may also be tossed in as, and it looks like there will be at least 3 new IPs that we haven’t seen previously. Sources at the company are saying that this is among the strongest showings from third-party companies in its E3 history (thanks to Sony non-presence).

We will also hear more about xCloud service. Microsoft has been talking about this service for about a year and at E3, and we should get a new look at the offering.

As Microsoft announced last week, GamePass for the PC will also be talked about in much greater detail and you can expect new game announcements for Game Pass.

Xbox keynote streaming links:
Youtube

This year, instead of a traditional keynote, EA is doing individual breakout sessions for each of its main franchises, witch include Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, The Sims 4, Battlefield V , Apex Legends and more.

We will also see the announcements for the next version of the Madden, FIFA, NHL and NBA Live franchises ans It's more than likely we'll hear about some addition to the Titanfall universe. Less likely but still possible are new games from EA’s DICE studio who have yet to announce a project for 2019, as well as projects from PopCap (Plants vs Zombies) and Ghost Games (NFS)

BioWare also showed a teaser trailer for Dragon Age 4 at last year’s The Game Awards, and while it's a long shot, it'd be nice to hear something about its development.

EA Play streaming links:
Youtube

This should be an interesting showcase too, with the confirmation of the first gameplay of Marvel's Avengers and the recently announced new game from People Can Fly, Outriders, and the highly anticipated Final Fantasy 7 Remake, there is already a lot to see.

Dying Light 2 will also be present and should get a release date, and Platinum Games is also expected to reveal more about Babylon's Fall and... is it time for FF XVI?

Square Enix conference streaming links:
Youtube

Ubisoft revealed Ghost Recon Breakpoint in early May, and we now know that Watch Dogs Legion will be here and Roller Champions has already leaked online with a video.

The many rumors of a new Splinter Cell could concretize this year, and with the next generation of hardware on the horizon, the famous "one last thing" could be one of the first next gen title we see. Ubisoft is probably gonna talk about future content for The Division 2 and R6 Siege too.

Beside, a new subscription service has been seen on Uplay recently.

Sadly, Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Skull and Bones are skipping e3 this year.

Ubisoft conference streaming links:
Youtube

This year, the PC Gaming Show is sponsored by the Epic Games store. Epic will reveal brand new material for several games, including some exclusives, coming to the EGS. Additional sponsors include E-WIN, Frontier, Paradox Interactive, Perfect World Entertainment, Rebellion, and more. According to PC Gamer Editor-in-Chief Evan Lahti, “This year's livestream will present more announcements and new trailers than any previous PC Gaming Show."

Frontier Developments has recently acquired a "world famous" license that we should hear about and Outer Wilds, Borderlands 3, Control and Bloodlines 2 will probably have their moment too.

Tripwire Interactive also "can't wait to show what the Maneater team has been working on" and Funcom could reveal the second Conan game we know they working on.

This should be an interesting show to watch.

PC Gaming Show streaming links:
Youtube

Expect the unexpected, Devolver Digital has developed a reputation for wacky conferences over the years. The show's host often makes jabs at video game industry trends and gaming culture in general with tongue planted firmly in cheek, of course.

Its slate of upcoming games includes My Friend Pedro, Sometimes Always Monsters, The Talos Principle 2, Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass, Metal Wolf Chaos XD, and more. But keep in mind we really have no idea of what to expect.

Devolver Digital crazy stuffs streaming links:
Youtube

As the image above outlines, this year UploadVR.com is hosting the first-ever E3 VR Showcase. The show kicks off at 9AM PT on June 10 at the UploadVR YouTube channel and is packed with new VR game announcements and more. The event is going to be a live video hosted on their official YouTube channel.

Stormland, Defector, Blunt Force and Asgard Wrath will probably be talked, and we could also have an announcement for the Valve Index

UploadVR showcase streaming links:
Youtube

Who's exited?

Last edited by tlr online; 07-06-19 at 01:36. Reason: Images removed. See FAQ on posting images.
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 21:41   #2
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

YAS!!! Canít wait! Iím mostly looking forward to Nintendoís conference, then Microsoft, then SE, in case they reveal something TR-related. Avengers could be cool too.
Old 06-06-19, 22:17   #3
Isaac
Relic Hunter

Oh didnít realize it started on Sunday. Closer than I thought. Still sad Sony is skipping it...
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 00:09   #4
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

Sony cancelled PSX 2018 and isn't at E3 2019 either. I wonder what they're preparing...

I hope Microsoft announces LiS BtS 2 though, and that SE announces Shadow's mysterious 8th slot. Overall I am not that interested this year. My exams are right after and that might be a reason too apart from Sony's absence
Old 07-06-19, 02:21   #5
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

i wonder if Microsoft will redeem themselves
Old 07-06-19, 03:07   #6
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Sony cancelled PSX 2018 and isn't at E3 2019 either. I wonder what they're preparing...

I hope Microsoft announces LiS BtS 2 though, and that SE announces Shadow's mysterious 8th slot. Overall I am not that interested this year. My exams are right after and that might be a reason too apart from Sony's absence
Is LiS BtS 2 something thats been hinted at?
Old 07-06-19, 03:33   #7
HD Simplicityy
Archaeologist

There are a small number of games I want to see other than Halo Infinite, my most anticipated game.

Last edited by HD Simplicityy; 08-06-19 at 07:46.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 07:33   #8
Mani_Man
Professor

Im kind of just interested in Microsoft, ubisoft, square in terms of the Press Conferences...the rest is really not interesting.

Sad that Warner or so dont have one...really missing sony this year already.
That they are this absent from the E3 just feels wrong.

Baldurs Gate 3 was annouced so that is already the first "wuhu" moment for me in terms of the E3.
I hope there will be many more.
Of course i think the Avengers game is the thing people are most hyped for at the moment, we will see.

Like every year and every gaming event, im hoping for Warner Brothers Montreal to show a Batman game, according to rumors they prepare 8 games for release in the next 12 months...so i have the tiny hope that one of those 8 is batman, but the last few years i was always dissapointed when i got my hopes up.
But i cant help it, the time seems right.

A new Diablo, footage of the new commandos or desperados would be sweet.
Dino Crisis is rumored, a new twisted metal to go with a possible live action series, a new fight night and def jam have been speculated, vampire the masquerade gameplay would be nice...a lot of possible good stuff could happen.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 07:52   #9
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Whatever we'll see, I need my Monolith Soft fix. I need more amazing JRPG's!
Old 07-06-19, 09:54   #10
TR1249
Archaeologist

Looking forward to Sims and maybe the TR DLC.