www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 10-06-19, 16:48   #21
Samz
Professor

I don't think we really can, due to how different the reboot games are.

There are a few people I'd say possibly don't even like anything before the Newest games.
Old 12-06-19, 14:34   #22
Ankh
Student

Great list, feel like everyone agrees with those statements!
I would add one more thing: FEMALE SOLDIERS.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 14:50   #23
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
Great list, feel like everyone agrees with those statements!
Except me like I've written 3 posts above yours.

I have a feeling there will be other people too.
Old 12-06-19, 14:58   #24
laracroftswest
Professor

Very true to all of that, great list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
I would add one more thing: FEMALE SOLDIERS.
Also, huge yes to this. Would love to see more of a strong female presence in the games whether it be allies or villains or standard mercenaries.

Another thing to add to the list: a villain without a god complex maybe? Seems like that's kind of all we get from TR villains since...ever.
Old 12-06-19, 17:41   #25
Grimaldi
Professor

I like this idea. I think itís pretty unanimous that TR should have a stronger supernatural element as well, especially in its enemies.
Old 13-06-19, 16:38   #26
Chamayoo
Professor

I'm totally up for more supernatural elements and regular female enemies !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
I don't think we really can, due to how different the reboot games are.

There are a few people I'd say possibly don't even like anything before the Newest games.
Certainly for gamers outside this forum, but inside I would say very few. I know some fans who begin with the reboot and never play the older games who are quite open to some Classic features to return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
Except me like I've written 3 posts above yours.

I have a feeling there will be other people too.
But you're not really against a good balance don't you ? I'm not sure I understand. Would you sincerely think a game with a big focus on a side would fix the issue you explained some posts ago ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
I like this idea. I think itís pretty unanimous that TR should have a stronger supernatural element as well, especially in its enemies.
Actually I remember one or two persons totally against that, like get rid of any supernatural elements in the next game.
Chamayoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-19, 16:52   #27
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
But you're not really against a good balance don't you ? I'm not sure I understand. Would you sincerely think a game with a big focus on a side would fix the issue you explained some posts ago ?
Personally I don't need a "balanced" game. I don't need loads of combat to be balancing out the other stuff and I don't know if the game should be developed in that way - a bit of this and a bit of that, catering to all types. The more balanced you make things each game, the more formulaic it'll become.

I think each game should be a unique experience - in some games it might mean loads of combat and in others, more exploration and puzzling depending on what's the locations and story are.

And whilst I'm not really into TR2013's massive combat moments, at least the game was it's own vision. My personal preference is for the difficulty of the game to lie within the exploration, platforming and labyrinth style levels and so I'll always want more of that over waves of combat which TR2013 and Rise have.
Old 13-06-19, 16:57   #28
Maverin
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I think each game should be a unique experience - in some games it might mean loads of combat and in others, more exploration and puzzling depending on what's the locations and story are.
I really like how you described this. I have grown to love the combat in TR2013. It doesn't annoy me at all and it keeps the pacing and excitement high. Upgrading weapons is really rewarding because you have to use them a lot. Some moments like the radio tower make the game stand out. The other games don't need to have that much combat, they just need to have their own identity.
Old 13-06-19, 17:19   #29
Chamayoo
Professor

I understand now. What I mean it's I don't like when an aspect of a game I like is totally ignore or underused.
For instance the lack of puzzles and exploration (yeah I know, even with hubs) of TR'13 really affected my appreciation of the game.
It's really true it's down to personal preference. I'm glad Maverin you enjoyed the pace and the combat of the game. As for Shadow, I didn't feel it lacks combat (just a few, not serious for me) but many felt it was lacking.
I just the want... the same ammount of dedication for each areas. I don't believe it would become fomulaic. It could of course, but it could also totally work and have its identity.
Chamayoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-19, 22:10   #30
LaraFan08
Historian

This is a great list and I agree with every point. I feel like this is really what the majority of the forum seems to be asking for, not everyone since itís impossible to please every individual person, but for the most part, I think you hit the nail right on the head. I keep hearing about how unusually divisive this fanbase is but Iím not particularly sure thatís true since just about every fandom Iíve seen that has been around for as long as this one seems to be the same way, and overall I think the majority agrees with a lot more than it may initially appear.