Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 21-09-20, 20:46   #101
Blue_light

• A Goofy Movie (sweet movie)
  • Treasure Planet (also super sweet movie. Beautiful to look at, too)
  • Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas (I adore Eris' animation, though who doesn't)
  • Ella Enchanted
  • White Chicks (the "Hold my poodle" line will always be a classic)
  • Kung Pow: Enter the Fist (the first time I saw this one was during the time I was watching badly dubbed Chinese movies while I had breakfast, so this was extra funny for me)
  • Catwoman
  • Stardust (2007) - is it considered unpopular?
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 21:07   #102
Ahmier
Unverified

I love Sinbad. Definitely underrated.
Ahmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 14:17   #103
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_light View Post
  • Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas (I adore Eris' animation, though who doesn't)
  • Ella Enchanted
  • Kung Pow: Enter the Fist (the first time I saw this one was during the time I was watching badly dubbed Chinese movies while I had breakfast, so this was extra funny for me)
  • Catwoman
I didn't like Kung Pow Enter The First even though I thought it would be a good movie based on the trailer for it which I watched several times before renting the movie all the funny parts were in the trailer, could have been better IMO.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 14:23   #104
SnatchingEdges

Quote:
  • Ella Enchanted
  • Catwoman
Stardust is not unpopular at all that I know.

And Ella Enchanted? Who dares to say a bad word about mf ELLA ENCHANTED? In how many movies do you have Anne Hathaway singing a Queen song in front of giants??

__

My fav unp movies are the parody ones, like the Hungover Games, Epic Movie... I'm not exactly an easy laugh spectator, and I hate trashy humor, but damns those films make me laugh I'm sorry I'll upgrade my taste.

Last edited by SnatchingEdges; 22-09-20 at 14:26.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 15:20   #105
Blue_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I didn't like Kung Pow Enter The First even though I thought it would be a good movie based on the trailer for it which I watched several times before renting the movie all the funny parts were in the trailer, could have been better IMO.
I agree. Some scenes in particular feel rather forced (personally I hate the cow fight section), but there are moments that are hilarious to me, like this scene:

"Master Tang, what are you doing here?"
"(casual tone and posture) I've come to kick ***"

or

"I would like a pound of nuts"
"THAT'S A LOT OF NUTS!"

or

"And beware of the song about big butts. He beats you up while he plays it *dramatic death*"

And of course, the nods to the bad dubbing - whether the person is speaking in a really long sentence, and the dub just says "I don't know", or the dog bark being out of sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
And Ella Enchanted? Who dares to say a bad word about mf ELLA ENCHANTED? In how many movies do you have Anne Hathaway singing a Queen song in front of giants??
I assumed it based on the Rotten Tomatoes' score with 50% (critics), and 57% (audience), and lack of re-runs on television.
I love it, though. Super cute, super fun, I immediately wanted to get it on DVD after I saw it first on TV. I need to rewatch it, now, which I will, in a moment.

Speaking about Rotten Tomatoes, I found another one that I like that it's not highly rated on their site, either - Bulletproof monk.
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 15:50   #106
Shirley_Manson

All of the bad movies. : D I find them entertaining, only in a different way than Oscar winners.
Except for "horror" movies with excesive gore
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 19:35   #107
DragonSlayer

Quote:

I agree. Some scenes in particular feel rather forced (personally I hate the cow fight section), but there are moments that are hilarious to me, like this scene:

"Master Tang, what are you doing here?"
"(casual tone and posture) I've come to kick ***"

or

"I would like a pound of nuts"
"THAT'S A LOT OF NUTS!"

or

"And beware of the song about big butts. He beats you up while he plays it *dramatic death*"

And of course, the nods to the bad dubbing - whether the person is speaking in a really long sentence, and the dub just says "I don't know", or the dog bark being out of sync.

I assumed it based on the Rotten Tomatoes' score with 50% (critics), and 57% (audience), and lack of re-runs on television.
I love it, though. Super cute, super fun, I immediately wanted to get it on DVD after I saw it first on TV. I need to rewatch it, now, which I will, in a moment.

Speaking about Rotten Tomatoes, I found another one that I like that it's not highly rated on their site, either - Bulletproof monk.
There are better parody movies out there like Scary Movie, Airplane, Hot Shots to name a few and even though I've not seen it yet the Twilight parody which is probably better than the Twilight movies none of which I have watched and most definitely will never watch.

There is another parody I just remembered Repossessed it's a parody of The Exorcist I haven't seen it for a very long time all I remember is Leslie Nielsen's character Father May I.

Could the movie A Million Ways To Die In The West be considered a parody,nif so I'll add it here, it wasn't the greatest movie but it's a lot funnier than Kung Pow.

For comedy to be funny it has to not be forced like it was in Kung Pow, the Comedy in the above parodies is far superior to Kung Pow.

On the subject of forced comedy exhibit a Phoebe Buffay she's the least funniest character on Friends, Lisa Kudrow was meant to play the part of Roz on Frasier but she wasn't considered forceful enough for scenes where Roz would have to stand up to Frasier I'm glad she didn't get the part of Roz bullet dodged there Peri Gilpin was perfect as Roz.

If it had been up to me I would have killed Phoebe in the episode where they went to Vegas by having her either fall into The Grand Canyon or suffer from a faulty parachute while skydiving over The Grand Canyon, whichever one I'd choose I'd have a pack of coyotes on standby to finish the job if she survived the fall either way the coyotes would get a free meal.
Old 22-09-20, 20:11   #108
Ringtir

Sucker Punch
Brave
Kubo
Corpse Bride
28 days later
Ringtir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 22:40   #109
mepsipax

Antebellum recently got some very, very sniffy reviews, but I loved it.
mepsipax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-20, 12:55   #110
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringtir View Post
Sucker Punch
Brave
Kubo
Corpse Bride
28 days later
I like Sucker Punch.

Since when has 28 Days Later been unpopular? Unless you mean 28 Weeks Later.