www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old Today, 11:37   #371
Ellioft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I can see them filming a cliffhanger, but using it only if pre-screenings go well.

Like maybe filming two alternative endings. One where Ana dies because of the McGuffin and that's it. Another whe Ana survives trying to use the McGuffin but then is snipped by Trinity like RotTR ended and how the 2018 movie was going to end.
Not a bad idea
I hope they will fleshed out Ana character I don't want to see just a villain.
Old Today, 13:34   #372
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I hope they lean heavier on showing Lara's survival skills in this film especially because they weren't fully realised in the first. I wanna see a montage of Lara building a camp, starting fires and sharpening her arrows. If it's against a snowy location that'd be epic too. If they're gonna pitch Lara as a survivalist they need to commit and it all adds towards building her character.

As for Ana I want her to be more than just a villain too I think I'd like to see the side of her character that cares for Lara like a daughter, their relationship needs to be layered and complex to make Ana's betrayal of the Croft's a lot more meaningful instead of just her being the head honcho at her father's company.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; Today at 13:36.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:36   #373
Avalon SARL
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
At least Alicia know how to act compared to Jolie's
That is a dangerous statement. Sorry to say, but it shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote:
Changeling was directed by Clint Eastwood he know how to direct actors but in Maleficient she wasn't that great...
More proof you are not thinking twice before posting.

No matter how good a director can bem if the actor sucks, the director's work will be washed away. You make it sound like Clint wasa tutor with a stick teaching AJ what to do step by step.

And about Maleficent, it is known worldwide that movie, with all mixed reviews it got, it could have been a big flop if it weren't for how AJ played that character and in a professional way.

It may seem to soon to judge this sequel, but this is Tomb Raider Reboot Era, SE has got their hands and minds on this. It has been too many years; this is a case where I am 100% sure that a book can be judged by its cover.

Last edited by Avalon SARL; Today at 13:39.
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:42   #374
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Jolie was never my favourite Lara but she is a phenomenal actress and artist. She knows her craft inside out. Her Lara was never supposed to be a serious role with a range of emotion because that's not the character was back then so Jolie didn't have much to work with.

Girl Interupted and Changeling were fantastic and even with the script for Maleficent I felt Jolie was having a blast and having fun whilst also delivering in the more emotional parts like when she loses her wings. My problem with Maleficent is moreso what they did to the character itself. Her directing work has been pretty decent too.

Anyway before I derail this thread talking about Jolie and her career Im wondering where they could film the next instalment. I feel like because Alicia has such a big say in these films we could indeed see a snowy environment.
Old Today, 16:58   #375
Ellioft
Archaeologist

Tonyrobinson Alicia said Greenland if I remember in an interview