www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 05-09-19, 12:20   #1151
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Itís a risky director choice for sure: it could turn out amazing or it could turn into a horrible Underworld movie.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 12:26   #1152
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Im very happy. The movie can stink ... of course. But they have chosen a prestigious director and that gives level to the TR brand and the project.

It's better than the mercenaries we had in Jolie's movies ...

Here we have moved from a European talent to a British talent. For the future when a director thinks of TR will think of good directors in command and that is important to get the betters directors!

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 05-09-19 at 12:27.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 12:28   #1153
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

The only way I can see Keeley involved is if shes Amelia she's been in two of his films but I'm not sure I want to see anymore parental drama turning up.

I'm happy with Ben because he has a very distinct voice and vision in his films. He's a risky choice and very different than the usual cannon fodder or gun for hires.

His movies are smaller in scale than Roar Uthaug's were but that excites me that we are going to get a more centralised and character driven story on a mid tier budget.

I'm most excited to see where they're thinking for filming location wise. It'll give us an insight into the story and the setting. If its somewhere like Morocco we know we are getting a desert type location or if they do Iceland or somewhere with glaciers we know they'll be doing the snowy setting.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 05-09-19 at 12:33.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 12:45   #1154
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Mmm I'm looking for news and found:

http://www.filmcontact.com/news/sout...africa-instead

By this time they were already closing places to shoot ... then either they should know places or it is a smaller-scale movie and needs less time
Old 05-09-19, 12:50   #1155
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

They should have shot in Australia - Dora looked amazing for 49M as does the Lord of the Rings, King Kong 2005 and countless others.

You can tell SA made Tomb Raider... And Resident Evil 6 - not an insult to the crew there but just the experience of talent, I mean the freaking production designer of Lord of the rings made Dora and it shows. You would have had a more lush looking movie than desert jungle.
Old 05-09-19, 12:52   #1156
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Totally agree. The island of TR is so false ... They did not have the nature they needed for recreation and all the shots are CGI or very false ... In Australia they would have achieved the kind of landscape that TR needed. SA is great (there they recorded Mad Max) but for a different type of location

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 05-09-19 at 12:53.
Old 05-09-19, 12:55   #1157
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I have a feeling they might go for Greenland or Iceland this time. I hope we find out something soon. The good thing is we probably have a lot more crew attached at this point that just haven't been announced. It's probably a given that Laurie Rose is cinematographer because he's a collaborater of Ben's.
Old 05-09-19, 13:35   #1158
Portugalraider
Professor

If they go for a RotTR-inspired sequel, I would also not take Canada out of the equation as well: it has tax incentives, winter environments and it would probably be easier to get/transport filming equipment.
Old 05-09-19, 13:42   #1159
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

That's true. Atleast we know it's happening soon and won't be a long wait before we get location, cast, plot details, set pictures.
Old 05-09-19, 13:49   #1160
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Hot take: I want Ana back but make an original story, not ROTTR.