www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 24-05-16, 18:54   #701
AODfan
Archaeologist

Strange because I don't have them even though I own them all on Steam. And yes I double checked to make sure, even asked my friends if they have them "hidden" in the installation folder. I also checked the SteamDB to make sure I'm not missing anything. The last update for 3 months ago and it was only to add the games to a few more bundles as far as I can tell.
So no, you don't get the Gold games if you buy the game on steam.
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-16, 19:39   #702
charmedangelin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayuu View Post
Yes you do...I have them through Steam install...
No you don't get them on steam, I checked my folder and you don't get them on steam. If you did then tell us the directory path to find the gold files because non of the install folders have them.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-16, 20:16   #703
Gian Carlo
Professor

No, you don't.
Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-16, 10:00   #704
Drayuu
Hobbyist

Yes you do get them. You need to look up in install folder of Steam you have an extra folder for each gold game.

Like this:

There's a folder for Tomb Raider 2 Gold, Tomb Raider 3 Gold, Tomb Raider 4 Gold, Tomb Raider Level Editor.
The only one not included is Tomb Raider 1 Unfinished Business.

Like this:

You cannot access it through Steam games list.

So yes you do have them. I have them right there! I can click and play and it works no problem.
Drayuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-16, 15:19   #705
Gian Carlo
Professor

Quote:
Yes you do get them. You need to look up in install folder of Steam you have an extra folder for each gold game.

Like this:
[IMG]http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/12/52/93/44/tomp_g10.png

There's a folder for Tomb Raider 2 Gold, Tomb Raider 3 Gold, Tomb Raider 4 Gold, Tomb Raider Level Editor.
The only one not included is Tomb Raider 1 Unfinished Business.

Like this:
[IMG]http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/12/52/93/44/tomp_g11.png

You cannot access it through Steam games list.

So yes you do have them. I have them right there! I can click and play and it works no problem.
You don't! How can NONE of us have it, only you? Of course we can play them by putting the files there manually, though

I'm very familiar with Steam folders and I checked it many times, including now, and there's nothing from Golds that came from Steam there.

Besides, Lost Artifact is a standalone game and it's not even for sale, so it can't possibly be there.
Old 25-05-16, 15:37   #706
Drayuu
Hobbyist

I don't know...It's here in my install folder. I never played them yet.
It's in my Steam install folder here, what else can I say?
I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I just found the games here and thought I would share so other people could play.
I provided screenshots of the install folder and directory. I can't do more than this. But I'm receiving a lot of negative messages so I'll just stop here.
All the best.
Old 25-05-16, 16:11   #707
laravision
Archaeologist

Now, I can't exactly speak from experience as I have no clue how Steam works, but if what Drayuu saying was true (especially regarding TR3 Lost Artifact), then this information would have circulated around the TR community long before his claims were made.

Quote:
I don't know...It's here in my install folder. I never played them yet.
It's in my Steam install folder here, what else can I say?
I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I just found the games here and thought I would share so other people could play.
I provided screenshots of the install folder and directory.
Judging by what you just said, I think you are confused...

Quote:
I never played them yet.
So, you haven't actually taken a look at the contents of those Gold folders? They seem very out of place. The presence of a Tomb Raider Level Editor & a Tomb Raider 4 Gold folder (TR4 Gold doesn't even exist, just The Times level), makes one question the accuracy of these claims even further. Are you sure these are not folders you have just created yourself?

Last edited by laravision; 25-05-16 at 16:18.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-16, 17:17   #708
Drayuu
Hobbyist

As I said, I just know it's here, and I just know it works. I started the games and it starts I can play. I never installed anything else than Steam games in these folders, and no I haven't created these folders.

I was keeping them for blind playthrough for Twitch. So my knowledge of the levels is just the beginning, for testing.

I don't know why it's here if it's not from Steam. I just know it is so I figured it was from Steam. If it's not I don't know where it's from as I have to idea how to install them in the first place.

I was trying to help by showing what I have and what works for me, and again, I saw only negativity and rudeness about this. Amongst Tomb Raider fans, I was really surprised about such attitude.

Anyway, I'm done with this matter. Trying to help has done no good here. Take care.
Old 25-05-16, 17:28   #709
charmedangelin
Inactive

That TR4 Gold is indeed suspicious since it doesn't exist. TR3 Gold also was never released digitally making this even more suspicious. Also to note TR 3 Gold was never released as a Gold, it was released as a separate stand along game called The Lost Artifact. Also noticed that there is no TR 1 gold, where's unfinished business if those actually came from steam?
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-16, 18:23   #710
Gian Carlo
Professor

I have a theory

Those folders might have came as an update and maybe, just maybe Drayuu deactivated the automatic updates by accident or he just doesn't remember.

That's why he still has the files and we don't - because they might have released another update that removed the files, just like they did with that Croft Manor video I found in ROTTR's files